The Chocolate Lovers' Diet

by Carole Matthews

1203169,358 (3.5)5
Lucy Lombard thought her 'Happily Ever After' was all sorted when her gorgeous boss finally declared his love for her, but when she catches him in bed with another woman it's time to call an emergency meeting of The Chocolate Lovers' Club. Inevitably, she's not the only member with problems - Autumn, Nadia and Chantal all find themselves with dilemmas to face - the question is how much chocolate will it take to make it better...… (more)

Finished it last night and I did enjoy this book as much if not more than book 1.
Only thing is that the chocolate part of this book is a bit much.
If you like to read chick lit and books about female friendships I recommend this book to you but be sure to read The Chocolate Lover’s Club first.

Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
I very rarely leave a book unfinished, but I'm afraid I couldn't finish this one. Found the characters unbelievable and overblown, which would have been alright if it was funny - but it wasn't. Lost patience with it.

Lots of people seem to like this one though. ( )
  blue_moon | Feb 8, 2010 |
I decided to review both books together as I read them one after another and I also believe them to just be one continuing story. They were at best okay. I found the main character Lucy to be quite irritating. A woman who never really finds herself and relies on her happiness and success to derive from men. That being said, none of the women in this book are that inspiring. The closest would be Autumn but for most of the books she spends her time being a doormat for her drug addicted brother. Chantal decides she is not getting enough sex from her husband so of course decides to hire a gigolo. Who does this??? Nadia I find to be a strong character. She is forced to pick up and leave when her husband racks up their debt again with a gambling addiction. I won't say I completely hated the books. They were funny and entertaining and after reading the first book I did want to read more. I just think that some of the messages in the book may not be that good. I give these books 2 and half stars out of five. ( )
  meags222 | Mar 7, 2009 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,616,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible