The Dream Manager by Matthew Kelly

The Dream Manager (edition 2007)

by Matthew Kelly, Patrick Lencioni (Foreword)

Member:birchdev
Title:The Dream Manager
Authors:Matthew Kelly
Other authors:Patrick Lencioni (Foreword)
Info:Hyperion (2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 176 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Finance, Leadership

The Dream Manager by Matthew Kelly

This is a small book with big ideas. It reminds me about the importance of having a dream. I thought this was a management book and what a "manager from heaven" (a dream manager) would look like. No it isn't. It has a more important message. That everyone of us has dreams. Sometimes, we just need a book, or someone else to remind us. That's the role of a dream manager, who can be anyone really. Read the book. Dare to dream. ( )
  shanglee | Jun 11, 2010 |
The premise of this book is that building a great organization requires helping people achieve their highest potential. The storyline throughout is a fictional company that implements a "dream manager" program to help motivate people and to help them achieve their goals. I found the first half somewhat simplistic but it grew on me. I still think the concept of. having full-time dream managers for every employee is a stretch. There needs to be more personal accountability. It's still a worthy and illustrative aspiration. It's also very readable. ( )
  jpsnow | Apr 8, 2010 |
Awesome ( )
  KellyManzo | Oct 31, 2009 |
Excellent book for discussion among business leaders. Discusses how to develop people within a business by addressing their dreams... their passions and pursuits. Great management book, and unusually written. Uses a case study approach to analyze a company and it's turnaround growth. ( )
  GordonA1 | Feb 26, 2009 |

A business parable about how companies can achieve remarkable results by helping their employees fulfill their dreams. The fictional company in this book is grappling with real problems of high turnover and low morale--so the managers begin to investigate what really drives the employees. What they discover is that the key to motivation isn't necessarily the promise of a bigger paycheck or title, but rather the fulfillment of crucial personal dreams. Beginning with the thought that a company can only become the-best-version-of-itself to the extent that its employees are becoming better-versions-of-themselves, Kelly explores the connection between the dreams we are chasing personally and the way we all engage at work.--From publisher description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,778,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible