The World of the Lupi 04 - Night Season by…

The World of the Lupi 04 - Night Season (edition 2008)

by Eileen Wilks

Member:Senhina
Title:The World of the Lupi 04 - Night Season
Authors:Eileen Wilks
Info:Berkley (2008), Editie: 4th Printing, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pagina's
Collections:E-books
Tags:fantasy, urban, The world of lupi

Night Season by Eileen Wilks

Cynna and Cullen finally get their story! This was a fun book with lots of action, magical creatures, an element of danger and a growing romance. An important medallion has been stolen and the fate of Edge, a world in a different realm, relies on Cynna's Gift to recover it. This story helped me get to know all of the characters a little better, especially Cynna. She's developing a wonderful friendship with Lily and is dropping her defensive guard to allow others into her life. I liked this side of Cynna, the one who needs friendships and love.

The bantor between Cynna and Cullen was wonderful and I enjoyed their talks. He was so endearing in the way he looked after her without crowding her. While he didn't get it right every time, his heart was in the right place. To put it simply, this was the story I had hoped for in the last book. I was NOT disappointed!

After the group traveled to Edge, I couldn't put the book down. Loved the adventure of it and all the new creatures. Ms. Wilks does a great job writing about this other realm. She accomplished her world building without info dumps and showed me a vibrant new setting with all sorts of magical creatures. The "creatures" personalities and dialogue added to the "feel" of this new place.
Wonderfully done.

I have several favorite secondary chararacters: Mika was very "zen"... majestic and wise, everything I'd expect of a dragon. Gan was immensely humorous and her personal growth was fun to watch. Seeing Kai and Nathan again helped give some closure to their story ([b:Inhuman|15991484|Inhuman (World of the Lupi, #3.5)|Eileen Wilks|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347875782s/15991484.jpg|21747961]), but I do hope there paths cross with Lily and Rule in the future. I have to put this book as my favorite in the series thus far. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Okay it drug a little bit. Cynna wasn't toooo angsty and there wasn't too much of a focus on the pregnancy. Overall a nice progression in the series and wondering who will be the focus in the next book. Timms? ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Cynna and Cullen freshen up the series by taking a new direction to the Edge. The Edge is a place between, and filled with magic and danger. New creatures dark, ugly and grotsque fill the story with excitement.
Gan The demon not demon, travels there with them, where she meets her destiny. She has decent amount of time in the story and I found her adorable
Cynna tries so hard not to be that girl, the who is pregnant, who needs, who loves... While Cullen tries to adjust to the only future he can live with, one that will upset everything he knows.
I like these characters, I like their struggles and their triumphs. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
As many of you know, I’m making my way through the World of the Lupi series by Eileen Wilks in the GraphicAudio.net format. I know there are some vast differences of opinion about full-cast audios in the audiobook listening world, but I have to say, I love it. I haven’t experienced many other audios like this, however, so I may be spoiled – GraphicAudio.net does a really good job with voices and sound effects, and I don’t know if the quality is typical or not.

I’m getting less perturbed by the romantic elements of the Lupi books. I’m not sure if that’s because they are getting toned down with each progressive book or because I’m just getting inured. I like that this series is a mix of urban fantasy and straight-up fantasy; most of this novel takes place in a more traditional fantasy world, but the language and sensibilities are still modern. Wilks’ world is very complex; if you have trouble keeping up with places, characters, and relationships, you may struggle with this series. But it makes it rich, too, with one-book adventures as well as series-spanning development. That richness intrigues me because you are actually living a life with these characters, not just visiting for a short time.

I’m hooked on this series now, particularly in this format. Cynna and Cullen, Lily and Rule, Gan, the dragons, Grandmother, are all friends now. I’m looking forward to seeing what they get up to next.

Purchased. Review courtesy of onebooktwo.com | one book, two reviews. ( )
  InvestedIvana | Sep 4, 2015 |
Important Note - On The Prowl LIED! This is not the first book of this series. While I still enjoyed it, it turns out there are several books that occur before this novel, just without the two characters introduced in the OtP novella (I think, anyway).

Nice story, a good mix of characters. This series is definitely worth further investigation. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |

Eileen Wilksprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Long, GeorgeCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sipley,DonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In the east, dawn smeared a promise across the inky sky, but air and earth were dark yet.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042522015X, Mass Market Paperback)

Lupine sorcerer Cullen Seabourne and FBI Agent Cynna Weaver are just coming to terms with having a baby, when they are lured to another realm where magic is commonplace and night never ends. Their only way home lies in tracking down a missing medallion-one also sought by powerful beings who will do anything to claim it.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:00 -0400)

Lupine sorcerer Cullen Seabourne and FBI Agent Cynna Weaver are just coming to terms with having a baby, when they are lured to another realm where magic is commonplace and night never ends. Their only way home lies in tracking down a missing medallion--one also sought by powerful beings who will do anything to claim it.--From amazon.com.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,179,042 books! | Top bar: Always visible