Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good…

Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Jamie Oliver

Learn simple cooking with Jamie Oliver's bestselling Jamie at Home. 'This book is very close to my heart. It's about no-nonsense, simple cooking with great flavours all year round. When I began writing it, I didn't really know what recipes I would come up with, but something began to inspire me very quickly... my vegetable patch! I came to realise last year that it's not always about looking out at the wider world for inspiration. Being at home, feeling relaxed and open, can also offer this. I love to spend time at home in the village where I grew up, working with the boss, Mother Nature, in my garden and seeing all my beautiful veggies coming out of the ground.' Inside Jamie at Home you'll find over 100 new recipes from Jamie Oliver, plus some basic planting information and tips if you fancy having a go at getting your hands dirty as well! 'There is only one Jamie Oliver. Great to watch. Great to cook' Delia Smith 'Simply brilliant cooking, and Jamie's recipes are a joy' Nigel Slater Jamie Oliver's career started as a chef at the River Cafe, where he was quickly spotted by the television company that made him famous as The Naked Chef. He has since published a huge range of bestselling cookery books, including The Naked Chef, The Return of the Naked Chef, Happy Days with the Naked Chef, Jamie's Dinners, Jamie Does, Jamie's Ministry of Food, Cook with Jamie,Jamie's Kitchen, Jamie's Italy, Jamie's America, Jamie's Great Britain, Jamie's 30 Minute Mealsand Jamie's 15-Minute Meals. %%%Learn simple cooking with Jamie Oliver's bestselling Jamie at Home 'This book is very close to my heart. It's about no-nonsense, simple cooking with great flavours all year round. When I began writing it, I didn't really know what recipes I would come up with, but something began to inspire me very quickly... my vegetable patch! I came to realise last year that it's not always about looking out at the wider world for inspiration. Being at home, feeling relaxed and open, can also offer this. I love to spend time at home in the village where I grew up, working with the boss, Mother Nature, in my garden and seeing all my beautiful veggies coming out of the ground.' Inside Jamie at Home you'll find over 100 new recipes from Jamie Oliver, plus some basic planting information and tips if you fancy having a go at getting your hands dirty as well! 'There is only one Jamie Oliver. Great to watch. Great to cook' Delia Smith 'Simply brilliant cooking, and Jamie's recipes are a joy' Nigel Slater Jamie Oliver's career started as a chef at the River Cafe, where he was quickly spotted by the television company that made him famous as The Naked Chef. He has since published a huge range of bestselling cookery books, including The Naked Chef, The Return of the Naked Chef, Happy Days with the Naked Chef, Jamie's Dinners, Jamie Does, Jamie's Ministry of Food, Cook with Jamie,Jamie's Kitchen, Jamie's Italy, Jamie's America, Jamie's Great Britain, Jamie's 30 Minute Mealsand Jamie's 15-Minute Meals.… (more)
Member:pastryelf
Title:Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life
Authors:Jamie Oliver
Info:Hyperion (2008), Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:RABELAIS WEB UPLOAD
Tags:RABELAIS WEB UPDATE

Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life by Jamie Oliver (2007)

English (7)  Dutch (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (9)
OK, I really like Jamie. I want to go back in time & hang out w/him before fame & all that. Tho I must admit, he doesn't look spoilt by the fame!
I've enjoyed his cook books, this is the first I've said: I must march out the & buy this!

and I will.

:) ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
Personally I didn't like this book, I wouldn't use it, but for those who are in to very natural foods with the explanations: all the different types of eggs & how they are produced; how to grow asparagus; how to grow rhubarb; how to barbecue; types of lamb; and or chilies & peppers....... This is a good book for you. In fact I view it more of a text book with recipes rather than a cookbook. It is 398 pages!

The pages are non-glossy paper; the photographs (although abundant) are neither always of the dishes nor are they very appetizing; the color of the pages varies as does the color of the font; the font is not always readable as the ingredients are in bold font, but the instructions are small non-bold font.

Contents: a nice little chat; spring; summer; autumn; winter; useful stuff; thanks; and index

Spring: asparagus / eggs / lamb / rhubarb

Summer: barbecue / cabbage family ' carrots & beets / climbing beans / zucchini / onions / peas & fava beans / pizza / potatoes / strawberries / summer salads / tomatoes

Autumn: chillies & peppers / feathered game / furred game / mushrooms / orchard fruit / pickles

Winter: leeks / pastry / squash / winter salads / winter veg

Useful stuff: my favorite seed & plant varieties / where to buy them / other good addresses & websites ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Another "Go to" Favourite of mine love the seasonality of this book great recipes for mid week meals to entertaining the family!! ( )
  maximeg | Mar 26, 2014 |
Another brilliant book by Jamie Oliver. And this time, as he confesses on the first page, Jamie has fallen in love with his garden, discovered a hidden passion for growing all things edible, and shares some of his new found gardening tips, as well as many new, mouth-watering recipes. The book takes you through his growing year, the photos show what's growing, what's cooking and some beautiful British countryside. Once again Jamie is trying to convince us all by example, that good food isn't hard to grow or to cook, and to have your own, home grown produce right at the back door, is just the incentive we all need to get cooking. We don't all have the resources of Jamie Oliver, but what I always get from his books, is the urge to 'have a go', tweak a recipe a little and have fun in my kitchen. Jamie says it very simply, - "It just never occurred to me that it might be as easy as taking some seeds out of a packet and popping them into the ground. But it is!" …….. haha, said with the true innocence of a new gardener :) ( )
  Fliss88 | Feb 23, 2014 |
Jamie Oliver is a successful celebrity chef, deservedly so. That allows him to have a huge vegetable garden in his back yard and to enjoy dishes made with pheasant, venison, and other expensive ingredients. I do not have those resources, so I find many of the fine recipes in this book to be unusable. ( )
  bertilak | Jul 17, 2009 |
Dedicated to
Steve Irwin
1962-2006
I was so inspired by his verve for life and his ability to connect with people of all ages around the world. And, most importantly, how he taught us all to appreciate this incredible planet we live on! Love and respect to his family and friends.
Look, I thought this would be a good opportunity to get you all up to speed, because it will come out in the press eventually anyway, so I'm going to tell you straight: basically, my wife has accused me of having an affiar.
Just growing a little selection of fruit and veg will give you massive inspiration.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,706,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible