Poor Puppy by Nick Bruel

Poor Puppy (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Nick Bruel (Author)

7102019,140 (3.94)7
Member:sdahlstrom
Title:Poor Puppy
Authors:Nick Bruel (Author)
Info:Scholastic Inc. (2008)
Tags:GR Level M

Poor Puppy by Nick Bruel (2007)

I think this is a good book for children learning to count and learn their alphabet. ( )
  Jeholmes10 | Oct 22, 2017 |
Jackson (and all his friends) LOVE Bad Kitty. I am ok with Bad Kitty. This time we get a walk through the alphabet with toys, then games and geography. I'd like to revisit this one with an atlas handy to show him (not just tell him) where all these places are. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Puppy, who was introduced at the very end of Bad Kitty, Nick Bruel's debut book about his badly behaved feline heroine, returns in this second picture-book, eager to play with his best friend. When Bad Kitty refuses to play with him, Puppy engages in a 1-26, A-Z list of activities, with his elusive feline companion (unbeknownst to him) keeping an eye on him. Then Puppy takes a nap, and dreams of another A-Z range of fun things he and Kitty could do together in various countries around the world. When he wakes up, he is delighted to discover that Bad Kitty is ready to play! Or is she...?

Like its predecessor, Poor Puppy and Bad Kitty is an alphabet book which features an amusing story, in this case that of a playful puppy who dreams of a companion who will join him in all of his fun activities. Nick Bruel adds counting and geography elements in this second picture-book, as Puppy's first A-Z sequence also features numbers, while his second one features countries, making this a title that addresses multiple early-learning concepts. Although I rated this one three stars, mostly because I have seen how well children take to the Bad Kitty books, and appreciate both the humor and the creative mixture of story and concept displayed here, I cannot honestly say that I found it that entertaining. The artwork isn't really to my taste - it feels a little flat to me - and overall the book felt a little too busy. Still, tastes vary, and as mentioned above, I have seen many children really take to the Bad Kitty books, so parents in the market for concept books might want to give this one a try, especially if their youngster enjoys silly humor. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jan 26, 2017 |
Learning of the ABC's, numbers and even Countries.
  LBraaten | Jun 7, 2015 |
Puppy's best friend is Kitty. Puppy is sad because Kitty doesn't want to play with him. So puppy begins to play with other things instead of Kitty. He began to play with everything from one airplane to twenty-six zoo animals. But after playing with so many things made him exhausted so he took a nap. While he napped he began to dream of playing with Kitty. He dreamed that they played baseball in Brazil, and were even wrestling in Washington D.C. After puppy woke up he was the happiest puppy ever and was ready to play again. But kn ow he thought Kitty was really going to play with him. This is a cute story about a very rare friendship. It seems like puppy wants to be friends with Kitty but Kitty doesn't want to be his friend. ( )
  lruano | Oct 2, 2014 |
Puppy's best friend is Kitty.

Poor, poor puppy. All he wants to do is to play with his pal Kitty but she doesn't seem in the least bit interested. So all he has to play with are items from every letter of the alphabet. When he is done playing, he takes a nap and dreams of playing games with kitty in places from every letter of the alphabet. Fans of Nick Bruel's Bad Kitty are sure to enjoy this equally zany book about her best friend and favorite playmate.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:49 -0400)

When Bad Kitty won't play with him, Poor Puppy has to amuse himself with an alphabetical list of toys and dreams of playing in an alphabetical list of countries.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,777 books! | Top bar: Always visible