Tomfoolery: Trickery and Foolery With Words…

Tomfoolery: Trickery and Foolery With Words

by Alvin Schwartz

Entertain friends with these riddles, wisecracks, and practical jokes.

This is my first story by this author. It was cute, PG-13 fun. It was free so I though why not? I was pleasantly surprised. It is a story about Ben, a nerdy guy who works, works, works with no time for love. This is where Tom, his secret crush steps in. The blurb is pretty accurate.If you're in need for a novella to read in between reading books, Tomfoolery is for you. ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
Extended review can be found on The Review Board.

Ben Hammond is a man who is used to having things in order. It throws him off that certain items have been moved around and normally clean clothes are in the hamper. Is he being haunted by a ghost? It does seem to start out that way.

Tomfoolery has plenty of different scenes that trigger a variety of emotions. I found myself relating to Ben’s situation at the workplace. The head management isn't listening to the hands-on people, and as a result, things are falling behind. Yet, sometimes, it’s the simple things that provide relaxation. Ben’s relaxation from his stress comes in the form of a cat named Rupert.

In addition, Ben has another dilemma: how to approach this person that he has a crush on. Eventually, he gets in a situation where he can talk to the guy (named Tom), and they hit it off rather well. I will not give away too much, only that the world is much smaller than it seems.

Tomfoolery is a combination of comedy, romance, and paranormal activity. The pacing of it was very steady and kept me turning the pages. Spelling and grammar errors were slight to nonexistent. Although predictable, a very enjoyable read! ( )
  NoLabelsUnleashed | May 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,730,082 books! | Top bar: Always visible