One Last Wish: Three Novels (Mother, Help Me…

One Last Wish: Three Novels (Mother, Help Me Live / Let Him Live / Sixteen…

by Lurlene McDaniel

Lurlene McDaniel is a great author, I love reading her books. Her words are so inspring to me and im sure to others as well. ( )
  sammykin2 | Apr 1, 2010 |
Children Book Very Intertising Book
  macfinleyrsrc | Jul 7, 2009 |
The setting of this novel takes place in the summer in a hospital named “Memorial Hospital”. Most of the action that this novel contains is around the hospital’s campus.
The main characters of this novel are Donovan and Megan. Unlike other novels this characters seem to be very believable. For the simple reason that they keep it real, what I mean with this is that they behave like a person with their problem would behave. My favorite character is Donovan not only because his is the protagonist, but also because his is the character that I can hear the most. However, the character I can relate to is Megan, because she’s a teenage girl just like me and she also cares about others, other than herself. Even though I have never done, such a generous thing for someone, I could imagine myself doing the same thing for a person.
The novel’s conflict is that a 17 year old boy name Donovan needs a liver transplant, or else he will die. Megan is Dr. Charnell’s daughter. Dr. Charnell is the doctor that takes care of Donovan’s sickness. One day Megan goes as a volunteer to Memorial Hospital and meets Donovan. Megan falls in love with Donovan and starts getting involved with Donovan’s sickness. After six months of waiting for a liver donor, a guy has a car crash and dies, the doctors conclude that this guy could be a possible donor for Donovan, but when the doctors ask the family if they want to donate their son’s organs, the family stays is a negative mood and says no, to the doctors. So days pass, and Donovan seems to be doing well even though he didn’t get the transplant. Unfortunately one night Donovan gets run into the hospital because he gets very sick. Dr. Charnell sees that Donovan is to sick and won’t make it, so he talks to Donovan’s mom. After Donovan died his mother was crying, but was glad because her child wouldn’t suffer more. You’re probably thinking that Donovan died because he didn’t have his liver transplant, but actually he died because he got Kidney Failure. I didn’t like this novel’s ending, because of all the novels I’ve read and enjoyed, this is the only one that has a sad ending. I would have liked this novel better if Donovan had gotten well and had lived happily ever after.
My favorite part of this novel was when the characters met and fell in love with each other. If I could change a part on this novel, it would be the ending because I thought it was a very miserable ending. The most important thing that I learned about this novel was that there should be more organ donators in the world, so that that way more lives could be safe. This novel should be read by everybody including guys, because it’s a novel that really shows you how valuable life is.
RATING:It was pretty good, and I wish the book hadn't ended so soon. ( )
  ygonzalez | Oct 9, 2007 |
Katie a girl got a letter in the mail from someone she didnt know who it was and it was a 1,00,000 dollars for an open donor. Aaron Daniels went to Michigan High for college football, he didnt get much because he collapsed on the feild with some heart problem. Aaron is the one that gave Katie her new heart. ( )
  MariahMartin | Sep 14, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553571427, Mass Market Paperback)

You don't know me, but I know about you.... I can't make you live longer, I can stop you form hurting. But I can give you one wish, as someone did for me.
Three letters. Three last wishes.

In Mother, Help Me Live, Sarah discovers that her birth mother, whom she's never known, is the one person who may have the bone marrow she needs to survive. When Sarah journeys to find her mother, she learns the real meaning of family.
Let Him Live tells the story of Megan's friendship with Donovan, who is hoping to receive a liver transplant. Megan helps make Donovan's wish for his mother and little brother come true, along the way, Megan comes to understand true giving.
In Sixteen and Dying, when Anne finds out that a blood transfusion she had seven years ago has made her future uncertain, being given one wish helps her face her pain. She chooses to spend the summer with her father on a ranch out west—and there she meets someone who will change her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:51 -0400)

Three stories about young people who have terminal illnesses.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,669,237 books! | Top bar: Always visible