Toaster Oven Cook Book by Diane Yanney

Toaster Oven Cook Book (original 1982; edition 1982)

by Diane Yanney (Editor)

Member:dragonasbreath
Title:Toaster Oven Cook Book
Authors:Diane Yanney (Editor)
Info:Meredith (1982),
Collections:Your library, Encyclopedia/Dictionary/Facts, Recipes/Culinary/Food Related
Rating:*****
Tags:Culinary, Food, Recipe, Cookbook, Encyclopedia, Toaster Oven

Better Homes and Gardens Toaster Oven Cook Book by Diane Yanney (1982)

Surprisingly inspiring. ?ŠI have about a dozen recipes I definitely want to try -?√ɬ°and there's?√ɬ°more that I would have marked if I were the new owner of a toaster oven and didn't already know that most things you bake in the big you can bake in the little (w/ less heat in less time), too. ?√ɬ°

I'm especially interested in using the broiler function for recipes intended for a backyard grill, which somehow I never thought of before. ?áThis doesn't go into that idea in a whole lot of depth, but I'm sure I can run with it.

I also love crescent rolls, and like to put little tidbits in them like a smear of jam or 1/2 a dried plum. ?áThis book tells us about 'Mexican crescents' which are similar but cheaper and handier. ?áCut a large flour tortilla into 4 or 6 pie-shaped wedges. ?áDrop a teaspoon or less of guacamole on the broad end. ?áRoll towards point, brush with butter, bake at 400 for about 12 minutes. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
It's OK. Has different sections on Toasting, Baking, Broiling, Menus and includes Appetizers, Main Dishes, Side Dishes and Desserts. I'm rather divided as to whether it should go into the get-rid of pile. Browsing through it, there are some yummy looking recipes--on the other hand, we've never used one recipe from here that I can remember in all the years we've had this book on our shelves. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Sep 12, 2013 |
These toast toppers will brighten breakfast s or snacks.

Intro:

If you think a toaster oven is only good for baking potatoes, reheating pizza, and making toast, then you are shortchanging this handy appliance. Although smaller than a conventional oven, a toaster oven is capable of baking and broiling many of your favorite foods - just in small quantities.That's what this cook book is all about: small quantities. It's a collection of recipes sized especially for the toaster oven so you wont' have to heat up your large oven to bake a small casserole or a few cookies, or to prepare a broiled vegetable. Chapters are organized so you can choose recipes that fit your oven's capabilities - whether they be toasting, baking and/or broiling. Don't overlook the menu section featuring recipes for complete meals for one or two, including salads, side dishes, and desserts.

Like any other appliance, the toaster oven will be most useful if you take the time to become acquainted with its features. Because models vary, it is important that you read the manufacturer's instructions. Take special note of preheating directions and recommended baking utensils.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,769,403 books! | Top bar: Always visible