Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile by Bill…

Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile (2002)

by Bill Willingham

Other authors: Craig Hamilton (Illustrator), James Jean (Cover artist), Todd Klein (Letterer), Steve Leialoha (Illustrator), Lan Medina (Illustrator)1 more, Sherilyn van Valkenburgh (Colorist)

Series: Fables (Vol. 1, Issues 1-5)

English (134)  Norwegian (1)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (137)
Still completely fabulous! ( )
  roses7184 | Feb 5, 2019 |
Very good! The end was the weakest point. It tied everything up a bit too neatly for me. I really enjoyed it though! Looking forward to reading vol. 2! ( )
  paperbuildings | Jan 20, 2019 |
3.75-4 ( )
  Bibli0mane | Aug 22, 2018 |
The first volume of the series Fables, picked up at the library after being recommended to me.

The premise is that the members of the fairy tale (Fable) community have been exiled from the Homeland by a creature called the Adversary and are now taking refuge in New York.

The artwork is wonderful, the plot rather interesting, and there are a lot of fine tidbits for a folklore loving person to pick up. While the plot of the first volume is more of a murder mystery than anything fantastical, I'm looking forward to seeing where the next few books lead.
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
This is a compelling, fun, very modern take on our fairy tale heritage. I enjoyed it and plan to read the entire run. ( )
  hopeevey | May 19, 2018 |

Leialoha, SteveIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Medina, LanIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
van Valkenburgh, SherilynColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bond, ShellyEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Shelly Bond - Intrepid Vertigo editor, who insisted on taking FABLES when I was trying to sell her another idea entirely.
Once upon a time....
'You try being married for almost a thousand years without a few ups and downs along the way.'
This entry has mismatched title (Fables Vol. 1) and ISBN (Vol. 2).

Who killed Rose Red? In Fabletown, where fairy tale legends live alongside regular New Yorkers, the question is all anyone can talk about. But only the Big Bad Wolf can actually solve the case - and, along with Rose's sister Snow White, keep the Fabletown community from coming apart at the seams.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,418,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible