Fables, book 1 : Legends in exile by Bill…

Fables, book 1 : Legends in exile (original 2002; edition 2002)

by Bill Willingham

Series: Fables (1)

3,2821311,669 (4)269
Member:Johnathanberube
Title:Fables, book 1 : Legends in exile
Authors:Bill Willingham
Info:New York : Vertigo/DC Comics, c2002.

Fables: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham (2002)

English (130)  Norwegian (1)  French (1)  All languages (132)
Lo bueno de traer sólo la tablet, el Kindle y las lanas a la otra punta del mapa, es que puedo leer y tejer todo lo que no he podido este año por tener que trabajar tanto con el PC, y aparcar los videojuegos siempre que estoy fuera de casa.

Había olvidado por qué me enganché a Once Upon A Time, y es que me recordó un poquito a Fables. Releído el primer volumen, después de las dos primeras temporadas de la serie, sigo quedándome con Fables, que tiene ese punto de realismo ideal para echar por tierra los happily ever after que siempre intentan colarnos.

El 2014 pretendo retomar los cómics con más dedicación. Y toda la serie de Fables está en mis propósitos, porque lo vale. ( )
  Minimissplaced | Jul 21, 2016 |
Very good! This is a series that I meant to get into for a long time, and it is well worth the read. Beautiful art as well. ( )
  Debra_Armbruster | Jun 18, 2016 |
Fabulous! yes, pun intended.

Nicely written stories ... transporting characters from fairy tales to modern New York!

Premise being that a deadly enemy The Adversary" declared war on the various different different fairy-tale "universes" ... so that all the "fable-folk" become refugees, and escape to the mundane world.

I look forward to reading the rest of the series."
  GeetuM | Jun 3, 2016 |
Fabulous! yes, pun intended.

Premise being that a deadly enemy "The Adversary" declared war on the various different different fairy-tale "universes" ... so that all the "fable-folk" become refugees, and escape to the mundane world.

I look forward to reading the rest of the series. ( )
  GeetuM | Jun 3, 2016 |
Not the most auspicious beginning ever. I like the concept - fairy tale characters living in exile in modern-day New York - and I know I read this first volume several years ago. It seems a bit obvious now why I didn't keep going: it just isn't that interesting a story. The first storyline is a murder mystery that feels more appropriate for a 1980s soap opera or a Columbo episode than a fantasy series. Knowing that I have several other volumes, I'm likely to continue, but the series needs to move out of interpersonal politics and into something that explores the Fables world at a more engaging level. ( )
  saroz | May 17, 2016 |

Leialoha, SteveIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Medina, LanIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
van Valkenburgh, SherilynColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bond, ShellyEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Shelly Bond - Intrepid Vertigo editor, who insisted on taking FABLES when I was trying to sell her another idea entirely.
Once upon a time....
"You try being married for almost a thousand years without a few ups and downs along the way."

Who killed Rose Red? In Fabletown, where fairy tale legends live alongside regular New Yorkers, the question is all anyone can talk about. But only the Big Bad Wolf can actually solve the case - and, along with Rose's sister Snow White, keep the Fabletown community from coming apart at the seams.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,334,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible