Fairy Tail, Volume 1 by Hiro Mashima

Fairy Tail, Volume 1

by Hiro Mashima

English (6)  French (1)  All languages (7)
I'm not the largest fan of manga. I like graphic novels (mostly Dark Horse and Marvel) but I find much gets lost in the translation of Japanese to English for manga. Not only that, but there's a distinct difference between western story telling and eastern storytelling that is difficult for me to get over. That being said, this was a cute and interesting story. ( )
  benuathanasia | May 29, 2015 |
Other than the sexual humor (using female looks to get better prices on wizarding merchandise from men), this volume was very good. It has a good plot, well developed characters, and has a good bit of humor. I will be excited to read the next volumes. ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
Cute story idea, but probably had the most fan service out of anything I read for class. I had expected more from my seinen reading. ( )
  scote23 | Mar 30, 2013 |
Fairy Tail is a Manga or Graphic Novel series that has been written for teens ages 13 and up by author Hiro Masima.

Lucy is a seventeen year old wizard whose main goal in life is to join the wizard’s guild known as Fairy Tail, one of the most powerful wizard’s guilds in the country.

When Lucy becomes ensnared in a charm, she is inadvertently saved by a young wizard named Natsu and his talking cat Happy, who are on a quest to find the dragon known as Igneel. Natsu is a member of the Fairy Tail guild, and invites Lucy to join.

Little does Lucy know that Fairy Tail is not a normal wizard’s guild. It is filled with strange, interesting, and very powerful wizards. Now Lucy has joined up with Natsu on various jobs posted by the guild, but with his perchance for destroying property, would Lucy have been better off not being saved by Natsu?

I thought that this manga series has potential. There was enough action to keep a reader interested, as well as the start on some background information on the main characters. This series actually reminds me a bit of One Piece in its style. I would recommend this series for anyone who likes fantasy/adventure manga, and I believe that those who have read and enjoyed One Piece will also enjoy this series. ( )
  BaschukR | Nov 11, 2011 |
A fun story set in a fairly standard fantasy world, filled with lots of humour and an interesting cast of characters. Nothing too unique thus far -- it could be pretty much any fantasy video game ever written -- but it doesn't need to be a new tale (tail?) to be an entertaining one! ( )
  terriko | Jul 21, 2009 |

Cute girl wizard Lucy wants to join the Fairy Tail, a club for the most powerful wizards. But instead, her ambitions land her in the clutches of a gang of unsavory pirates led by a devious magician. Her only hope is Natsu, a strange boy she happens to meet on her travels. Natsu’s not your typical hero–he gets motion sickness, eats like a pig, and his best friend is a talking cat. With friends like this, is Lucy better off with her enemies?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:10 -0400)

Cute girl wizard Lucy want to join the Fairy Tail, a club for the most powerful wizards. But instead, her ambitions land her in the clutches of a gang of unsavory pirates led by a devious magician. Her only hope is Natsu, a strange boy she happens to meet on her travels.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,756,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible