Poesie by Dylan Thomas

Authors:Dylan Thomas
Info:Einaudi (1970), Hardcover, 255 pages
Tags:poesia, poetry

The Poems of Dylan Thomas (New Directions Book) by Dylan Thomas

One of my big disappointments. After "A Child's Christmas in Wales" I thought I would relish his poems. I didn't. Perhaps I should revisit him again, but then again, why endure such boredom? I found myself continually on the verge of falling asleep. It may be me: I anticipated a damp day tramping on the moor, my Harris tweed glistening with dew and beside me, the burr-clogged coat of my retriever. I dream of a warm hut, a spot of tea, and a good Turkish blend in my pipe... ( )
  JVioland | Jul 14, 2014 |

Dylan Thomasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jones, DanielEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0811203980, Hardcover)

The most complete edition of the works of one of the twentieth century's greatest poets, including an audio CD containing vintage recordings of Thomas reading eight of his poems.

This new, revised edition of The Poems of Dylan Thomas is based on the collection edited by Thomas's life-long friend and fellow poet, Daniel Jones, first published by New Directions in 1971. Jones started with the ninety poems Thomas selected for his Collected Poems in 1952 (at a time when the poet expected that many years of work still lay ahead of him) and, after exhaustive research and consideration, added one hundred previously finished, though uncollected, poems (including twenty-six juvenile works), and two unfinished poems, and arranged them all in chronological order of composition, creating the most complete edition of Thomas's poems ever published. This revised edition contains all the original material and incorporates textual corrections. Also included are an introduction and concise notes by Daniel Jones, a brief chronology of the poet's life, and a compact disc containing vintage recordings of Thomas reading eight of his poems in his famous "Welsh-singing" style, making this edition of The Poems of Dylan Thomas a truly remarkable collection.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:14 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,697,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible