Metropolis by Osamu Tezuka

Metropolis

by Osamu Tezuka

Michi is an artificial being but she doesn't know that. She thinks she is human and she keeps trying to find her parents. People keep trying to use her to meet their own agendas. She finally goes over the edge. There are also references to the Cold War and communism. Once again Osamu covers a serious subject and sometimes I just feel like he cracks too many jokes. While his artistic style is gorgeous I still feel like it's a little bit too light-hearted for the story. The story itself is wonderful though, moving and sad and beautiful. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
This is one of those classic graphic novels that I didn't know about until someone recommended the anime version. While the movie is different than the graphic novel, both are enjoyable. What I liked about the graphic novel was that it wasn't as serious -- as in there was humor that was not quite in the movie. Tezuka's writing and illustrations are quite clever and easy to follow, as is the storyline. While the ending is tragic (just like the film) the journey to that ending is what matters most. I found the story to be, like the movie, touching in unexpected ways. ( )
  callmecayce | Feb 3, 2009 |

Osamu Tezukaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sivasubramanian, KumarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,262,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible