Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel

Don't Die, My Love

by Lurlene McDaniel

Review by: Melanie

Tough Topics: Cancer, Love, Friendship, Death
Luke and Julie are truly in love with each other, they have been dating for many years. Julie notices that Luke has a lump on the side of his neck, and she tells him to go see a doctor. Luke doesn’t want to because he says it’s only the flu, but he only gets worse. So then he decides to go see the doctor. Julie gets the shock of her life when she finds out that he doesn’t have the flu instead he has cancer. Luke starts chemo right away; Julie spends day and night with Luke in the hospital. Luke gets skinnier and starts losing his hair. He gets in remission for a while, and then he gets really sick again. Luke becomes very weak and very tired. Julie is terrified that she will lose the love of her life. Luke goes under surgery to remove his tumor on his lung; it’s very close to his heart. The surgery is very dangerous and life threatening. He promises he will marry Julie when he gets better. He went to surgery and a doctor came out and told Julie and the family that Luke didn’t make it. Julie started to cry she couldn’t believe that Luke died. It was hard for Julie to live without Luke, but she knew he will be waiting for her in Heaven.
People who should read this book should be teenagers, because Luke and Julie are teenagers. Readers should like love, friendship, and sad books, because that’s what this book is about.
I give this book a five, because it was the best book I have ever read in my life! It kept my attention through the whole book. It was very touching, it made me cry. I think everyone should read this book. It’s worth it!
Review by: Bradie

This book is truly amazing, I would recommend it to ANYONE. I cried Forever, it was so worth reading. I have fallen in love with a book. haha. It was GREAT!
Review by: happyperson

a very good book. emotional. i recommend this book to anyone who wants to cry. ( )
  bplteen | Apr 23, 2012 |
I am in love with all of Lurlene McDaniel's books. Don't die, My love happens to be one of my favorites. If you like sad books that make you cry, any of McDaniel's books are good for you. You should definitely read this one- it's amazing. It has just the right amount of love and sadness to make it interesting *eye wiggle* and sad at the same time. This book gets 5/5 stars from me! ( )
  hermionewannabe | Jun 27, 2011 |
This book is one of my all time favorites! It is such a touching story and it totally made me cry! It taught me about courage and stuff like that! I think everyone should read it! ( )
  bookworm90210 | Oct 8, 2009 |
So much potential with this story but McDaniel goes the cliched route with no twists or turns or anything remotely interesting that I couldn't have predicted a mile away. ( )
  shanlil92 | Apr 29, 2009 |
This book is very good, but also sad. Especially the ending. But, it's a very good book and I highly recommend it. ( )
  van_stef | Dec 25, 2008 |

"Meant for each other." That's how both Julie Ellis and Luke Muldenhower have always felt. In sixth grade Luke actually asked Julie to marry him, and she just laughed. In eighth grade they began dating. Now in high school, they are deeply in love.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553567152, Mass Market Paperback)

Julie Ellis and Luke Muldenhower have always been school sweethearts. Now both are in high school and deeply in love. Luke, a talented football player, is almost certain to receive an athletic scholarship to a top college. And no matter what her parents say, wherever Luke goes, Julie intends to follow. When Luke can't shake what he thinks is a virus, Julie persuades him to see a doctor. Luke's test results are alarming, but Julie believes their love is stronger than anything. Can love survive, now and forever?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:52 -0400)

Falling in love with Luke, a talented football player with a promising future, Julie Ellis encourages him to see a doctor when he falls ill, and she is horrified when he is diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,349,773 books! | Top bar: Always visible