dismiss

Tell Me Where It Hurts: A Day of Humor,…

Tell Me Where It Hurts: A Day of Humor, Healing, and Hope in My Life as an…

by Nick Trout

From the frontlines of modern medicine, this is an insider portrait of a veterinarian, his furry patients, and the blend of old-fashioned instincts and cutting-edge technology that defines pet care in the 21st century. Dr. Trout, an Englishman who is a staff surgeon at Boston's Angell Animal Medical Center, takes the reader on a vicarious journey through 24 intimate, heartrending hours in his life; his wry, companionable voice offers enlightening anecdotes about cuddly (or not-so-cuddly) pets and their variously zany, desperate, and demanding owners --From publisher description.… (more)

This was an enjoyable book, easy to read with compelling stories and good case files. The format of creating a day in the life was a creative way to approach the genre. A good book for animal lovers who are interested in the world of veterinary medicine. ( )
  LSmith862 | Apr 13, 2018 |
A day of humor, healing, and hope in my life as an animal surgeon
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
I have to say it, I love this vet/author and I wish he could doctor my animals! If you've every had an animal you will love reading Dr. Trout's stories from the trenches. He is LOL funny. He even has a great fiction series I highly recommend. ( )
  Iambookish | Dec 14, 2016 |
I love listening to Nick Trout's books on CD. His dry humor is great, ( )
  kaylynvh | Aug 4, 2016 |
I find Trout's humor delightful. He explains a lot of the background of caring for animals---the love, the patience, the heartbreak and the challenges of working with owners who don't understand what their animals are trying to tell them but hope that the surgeon in front of them can solve all problems anyway. ( )
  nyiper | May 25, 2016 |
For Kathy, Whitney, Emily, and all who battle cystic fibrosis
This might seem strange, coming from an Englishman, but sometimes emergency surgery in the middle of the night can play out like a synopsis of a perfect season for the Boston Red Sox.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Nick Trout's book Tell Me Where It Hurts was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Nick Trout is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,514,734 books! | Top bar: Always visible