Finder, King of the Cats (Vol.3) (Finder, 3)…

Finder, King of the Cats (Vol.3) (Finder, 3) (edition 2001)

by Carla Speed McNeil

Series: Finder (3)

Member:selfnoise
Title:Finder, King of the Cats (Vol.3) (Finder, 3)
Authors:Carla Speed McNeil
Info:Lightspeed Pr (2001), Paperback, 120 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:sf, graphic novel, post-apocalyptic

Finder: King of the Cats by Carla Speed McNeil

Getting away from Jaeger's story this volume focused greatly on the conflict between the Ascian and Nyima cultures. It delved deeply into the different cultures as well as the classic counting coup that was utterly hilarious to watch fall out. I liked this one better than the Sin-Eater volumes story-wise, though that may just be because I'm getting used to Speed's world now.

Highly recommended, either way. This series has not failed to deliver yet. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
Jaeger and the Ascians and the weird bipedal lionesses. all that's missing is a surprise visit from the Doctor. But maybe Jaeger is the Doctor! ( )
  KateSherrod | Aug 1, 2016 |
The most confusing of the Finder books. I had to read it several dozen times before I had the faintest idea what was going on or what anyone was talking about. Still, that I read it that many times is a sign that it's VERY good stuff! ( )
1 vote sandstorrm | Jan 27, 2008 |
With all of the animals, humanoid, cartoon, or otherwise, this volume is visually stunning and quite imaginative. McNeil already built a world in the previous books, and here, she’s building another one. She’s rich in ideas and generous in sharing them, thinking them through in more depth than most creators.

Please be awed and inspired by the time and effort we`ve put into creatifying a stimulating environment that`s sure to be safe for the whole family. You can also purchase many items from a range of high-quality merchandise that we`re sure you`ll treasure for months to come.

Jaeger Ayers doesn`t take to crowds or conformity, and there`s an abundance of both in Munkytown. There are also personal connections for him. With the Ascians, whose tribal culture is on display to visitors eager to spend an afternoon in Noble Savage land; with the Nyima, the lion-people in danger of losing their pride the longer they stay in the town.

Holy city or theme park? Munkytown has the economic upper hand in an uneasy alliance where nothing is what it seems. But power takes many forms, and that`s where being a Finder comes in handy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:22 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,539,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible