Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Unwind (2007)

by Neal Shusterman

Series: Unwind (1)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (KenJenningsFan74)
    Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (meggyweg, Citizenjoyce, LAKobow)
    Citizenjoyce: The certainty of one's usefulness to others being accomplished only by the loss of one's life is present in both books.
    LAKobow: This also deals with dystopian organ donation
    The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer (KenJenningsFan74)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (anytsuj)
    The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson (Runa)
    Full Tilt by Neal Shusterman (librarylife59)
    librarylife59: Both of these books by Neal Shusterman depict a different world that should be hard to see as real, but somehow come across incredibly realistically. Fantastic reads!
    Gray Matter by Gary Braver (allthesepieces)
    allthesepieces: Authority figures are, at best, disinterested as children are collected and medically altered to serve a hidden agenda.
    Bumped by Megan McCafferty (Trojanprincess)
    Grace by Elizabeth Scott (Anonymous user)
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (pusher317)
    The Declaration by Gemma Malley (foggidawn)
    Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (meggyweg)

English (354)  Italian (1)  All (355)
I can’t even begin to talk about this book. It’s unlike anything I have ever read. When they described the process of unwinding while a kid (not going to say who) was going through it, I was shook. I am in a state of shock and awe. I will definitely be continuing the series. I can talk about this all day long. New favorite author right here! ( )
  AmandaLD | Apr 18, 2018 |
  AmandaDrake | Mar 26, 2018 |
This book is pretty damn good! My only complaint is the Clapper thing. They randomly introduced it a little less than halfway through the story and only explained what they are and why people are so afraid of them. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |
Such a good book! I can't wait to start the next book in the series and see what becomes of Connor, Risa, and Lev. Shusterman does an amazing job here with character development. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ( )
  Raeleigh | Feb 23, 2018 |
I did not like this book at all. However, as a librarian I won't let that stop me from recommending it to teens. I am sure that fans of Delirium or any other Dystopian series will enjoy this. And I will admit that the author does have a way with plot.

That being said, as far as personally, I thought this was an awful book. I'm sure if I had read it when I was 16 I would have just eaten it up but luckily I was 16 before YA was written more prolifically and I read "Brave New World" and "Fahrenheit 451" instead. I think that "Never Let Me Go" did a much better job of telling a very similar story. ( )
  ylimejane | Feb 7, 2018 |
Let me start off by by saying that this is a really good book. I am having a really tough time getting through the first half of this book. Not because it's boring but because of how sickening it is. The idea of taking someone apart (willingly or other) is a really hard thing for me to stomach. That and the fact that the way this story is portrayed, unwinding is an actually feasible possibility in the real world. what's unwinding? Unwinding is when you take someone (they're always a minor), take their bodies apart, and send the parts off so that another person can have them. I bet you just reread that sentence, thinking: "what the hell?" but yeah, that's what it is.See, when they do this, it technically isn't murder, so to them that makes it okay. This is an interesting book that I am actively forcing myself to get through because I enjoy it just about as much as I am nauseated by it.
added by morgan434 | editepub

Neal Shustermanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Daniels, LukeReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to the memory of Barbara Seranella
"There are places you can go," Ariana tells him, "and a guy as smart as you has a decent chance of surviving to eighteen."
What he and Risa have isn't a relationship; it's just two people clinging to the same ledge hoping not to fall.

In this futuristic society teenagers can be “unwound” for any number of reasons, including being a state ward or juvenile delinquency. When Connor finds out his parents have signed to order to have him unwound, he becomes a fugitive and accidentally frees a busload of other potential unwinds. He and his friend Risa must stay on the run until their 18th birthdays. With the help of some adults they find themselves in a colony of fugitives. But all is not well here, either, and it’s hard to tell who’s friend or foe.

In a future world where those between the ages of thirteen and eighteen can have their lives "unwound" and their body parts harvested for use by others, three teens go to extreme lengths to survive until they turn eighteen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,737,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible