Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones by Claire Freedman

Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones

by Claire Freedman

a cute little book discussing all the animals and their babies getting ready for bed at night.
great book for nap time or going to bed.
1 book
  TUCC | Nov 4, 2016 |
Anyone who knows me can tell you that I love children's picture books. Not only do I enjoy reading them for Story Time at work, I also write my own - which I am hoping to get published one day.
So, I unashamedly collect them. I don't even use the excuse that I hope to have grandkids one day - although they will come in handy when that happens.
I just like cute little stories with soft, gentle illustrations.
Hence, I have a number of them on my Amazon wishlist.
My son plucked this one from the list as a stocking filler for me for Christmas.
I love it.
The illustrations are adorable. I really love the soft, pastel shades rather than the brash harsh colours of a lot of modern stories.
The 'story' - if it can be said to have one - deals with the animals settling down to sleep after a busy day, in simple rhymes that children will love and parents will find easy to read.
A winner for any nursery. ( )
  Helen_Earl | Aug 6, 2015 |
Beautifully illustrated story of African animals getting ready to sleep. Listeners might not always get the hint, but you can always try! Anyone who has seen a group of little boys playing is sure to laugh at the drawings of the monkeys ( )
  ForrestFamily | Nov 18, 2008 |
Great for grades k-2. Tells about how the animals get ready for bedtime. Each child can write a story about how they get ready for bedtime.
  sdglenn | Oct 24, 2008 |
As night falls in the jungle, all sorts of animals settle down to sleep.
  BVstorytime | Jun 1, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 156148475X, Hardcover)

All of the animals, from the bold leopard to the shy antelope, snuggle down for the night, ready to sleep, in this charming book. The baby hippo cuddles up close for a big hippo hug while the porcupines curl up together in one spiky ball. This soothing rhyme, illustrated with glowing pastels, is the perfect bedtime story for a child worn out by a busy day.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:04 -0400)

As night falls in the jungle, all sorts of animals settle down to sleep.

Good Books

2 editions of this book were published by Good Books.

Editions: 156148475X, 1561485624

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,174,597 books! | Top bar: Always visible