What Was I Scared Of? 10th Anniversary…

What Was I Scared Of? 10th Anniversary Edition: A Glow-in-the Dark… (edition 2009)

by Dr. Seuss (Author)

Member:Rosenectur
Title:What Was I Scared Of? 10th Anniversary Edition: A Glow-in-the Dark Encounter (Classic Seuss)
Authors:Dr. Seuss (Author)
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (2009), Edition: Classic Seuss, 32 pages

What Was I Scared of? by Dr. Seuss

it was just ok ( )
  longhorndaniel | Jul 19, 2017 |
What was I Scared of? is a unique story about facing your fears. I really enjoy this book because it is an entertaining read with a fun rhyme scheme. The one thing that I don’t really enjoy about this book is how outlandish the character is that plays the object of fear. Dr. Seuss uses a pair of pants with nobody inside them. However that element could be something that children find humorous. “I lost my Grin-itch spinach But I didn’t even care. I ran for home! Believe me, I really has a scare. Now, bicycles were never made For pale green pants to ride ‘em, Especially spooky pale green pants With nobody inside ‘em.” I love how Dr. Suess uses nonsense words with no meaning such as “Grin-itch.” It can be used to test students sight reading skills. It also makes for an enjoyable reading experience. Again, the rhyme scheme is easy and can be used to practice flow. The story is playful and imaginative and also teaches a lesson while building reading skills. ( )
  mdaly6 | Mar 29, 2017 |
a fun book about a little boy getting over his fears
1 book
  TUCC | Jan 23, 2017 |
GR: M
GL: 1.5
DRA: 24
Lexile: 530L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 4, 2016 |
I would use this book more for life lessons and teaching kids that what they might be scared of may not really be scary. It'd be great for kids of any grade but especially K-2 or with special education. They would find this book funny and the glow in the dark aspect of it would make it interesting. ( )
  vross316 | Mar 16, 2016 |

From Amazon's website:
What were we waiting for? We’ve taken the classic Dr. Seuss short story What Was I Scared Of? (from The Sneetches and Other Stories), added glow-in-the-dark ink, and created the ultimate just-slightly-spooky read for slumber parties and perusal by flashlight! Perfect for Halloween, this splendidly silly story about a narrator terrorized by an empty pair of pants (which happens to be equally terrified of the narrator) works perfectly well the rest of the year, too, delivering a timeless message about fear and tolerance to boot. Scaredy-pants of all ages will quiver with delight!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0590120417, Hardcover)

COLLECTABLE-FIRST SCHOLASTIC PRINTING SEP.1997-I SHIP DAILY FROM OREGON /TRACKING ID,SMOKE FREE HOME

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:36 -0400)

The narrator is frightened by a pair of pale green pants with no one inside that seems to be following him, until the two meet and discover that they have nothing to fear.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,369,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible