Louisa May Alcott's Christmas Treasury: The…

Louisa May Alcott's Christmas Treasury: The Complete Christmas Collection

by Louisa May Alcott

Subtitled 'The Complete Christmas Collection' this is a delightful series of individual Christmas short stories. My personal favourite was Kate's Choice. Loved it; really charming.. ( )
  cbinstead | Dec 22, 2013 |
When I feel sad I read a Christmas story. There's something about Chrstmas that makes me smile. A couple of evenigs ago after watching the news on TV I picked up a book that has been sitting unread on my shelf. I opened it to the table of contents and chose to read 'Gwen's Adventures in the Snow'. I was immediately charmed. What have I been missing? I was uplifted and edified by the story I'd just read. I knew that I was holding a treasure in my hands.

Louisa May Alcott's father was a philosopher who had a difficult time supporting his family. He was good friends with Ralph Waldo Emerson who admired Alcott and contributed to the support of his family when times were particularly hard.

After the publishing of Little Women, Ms. Alcott paid Emerson back for his kindnes with the money she received from her published book. Emerson's charity toward her family left her imprinted with caring and kindness, realizing without the charity shown by Emerson the family would have greatly suffered .

This collection of stories is about charity, kindness and caring. They are excellent learning tools for children, and enjoyable. charming reading for adults. In the stories charity is illustrated, and the importance of relationships is emphasized. All the stories take place during the winters of the mid 1800's. ( )
  MsJolee | Jun 15, 2013 |

A publishing first - the first and only complete collection of all Louisa May Alcott's Christmas short stories and novellas.

Louisa May Alcott has been loved for generations of readers for her timeless stories like Little Women, Little Men, and Jo's Boys. Few authors have equaled her ability to bring characters to life in such a way that readers truly care for and believe in them-and are inspired to be like them.

Now for the first time, all of Alcott's known Christmas short stories and novellas have been gathered into a single exquisite collection, which is sure to brighten the holidays for book lovers.

Readers of all ages will cherish these fifteen enchanting tales filled with hope, sorrow, faith, joy, redemption, strength, and goodness.

Louisa May Alcott's Christmas Treasury is a wonderful gift for oneself or a loved one.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:52 -0400)

For the first time, all of Alcott's known Christmas short stories and novellas are published in a single volume. These 15 enchanting tales filled with hope, sorrow, faith, joy, redemption, strength, and goodness appeal to readers of all ages. Illustrations.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,780,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible