The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, Book 7)…

The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, Book 7) (original 1932; edition 1962)

by Carolyn Keene

Member:jeidai
Title:The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, Book 7)
Authors:Carolyn Keene
Info:Grosset & Dunlap (1932), Edition: Revised, Hardcover, 192 pages
Collections:Children's, Your library
Tags:hardcover

The Clue in the Diary by Carolyn Keene (1932)

English (14)  Italian (1)  All languages (15)
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
*Duplicate Copy* I absolutely loved Nancy Drew growing up. This was a series I latched on to for dear life and never let go. Anytime my mom and I would go to antique stores, we'd peruse the Nancy Drews and add them to the collection (oftentimes my mom had to make deals with me on how many I could buy). So, while I don't remember the exact details of each and every one, the entire series was amazing and really fed my love for reading (especially novels full of suspense and mystery). Thank you, Carolyn Keene, for giving us an intelligent female character to fall in love with in Nancy Drew! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
#7 Nancy and her friends, George and Bess, are returning from a country carnival when they witness the explosion and burning of a beautiful country mansion. Fearing its occupants may be trapped in the blazing building, they rush to the rescue - and unexpectedly fund themselves confronted with a mystery that seems to be insoluble. The first clue, an anonymous diary, includes not only indecipherable handwriting, but puzzling technical drawings and chemical formulas as well. Who dropped the diary near the burning house? Was it the gaunt stranger Nancy glimpsed running away from the flaming structure? What was he doing there? And does he know the whereabouts of Felix Raybolt, an unscrupulous dealer in patents, who has not been seen since his home burned? Or did Raybolt die in the fire? When evidence mounts against Joe Swenson, who was swindled by "Foxy Felix", our young detective makes the desperate effort to exonerate the inventor of the suspicion of arson because of his dear five-year-old daughter. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 21, 2017 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 8, 2017 |
The Clue In The Diary, by Carolyn Keene
★★★ and 1/2

This was yet another Nancy Drew mystery. I figured it would be a quick read but it took me longer than expected because as an adult I kept getting bored. But I loved this series when I was a kid, so for nostalgia's sake, I rate this book 3.5 stars.
Nancy Drew is definitely a character that young girls could look up to. She's nice, responsible, loyal, and inquisitive. The books are sweet and fun, and always end with a happy resolve. It's a book series that I would strongly recommend to any kid daughter, but I don't think adults would be quite as passionate about these books if they were reading it for the first time. ( )
  Spirolim | Jan 13, 2016 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Maron, MargaretIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tandy, Russell H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"A penny for your thoughts, Nancy Drew," said George Fayne.

Nancy witnesses the malicious burning of a stately home, and becomes convinced of the prime suspect's innocence.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,090,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible