The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery…

The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #2) (original 1930; edition 1996)

by Carolyn Keene (Author)

Member:mrshappydays
Title:The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #2)
Authors:Carolyn Keene (Author)
Info:Grosset & Dunlap (1996)

The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene (1930)

I absolutely loved Nancy Drew growing up. This was a series I latched on to for dear life and never let go. Anytime my mom and I would go to antique stores, we'd peruse the Nancy Drews and add them to the collection (oftentimes my mom had to make deals with me on how many I could buy). So, while I don't remember the exact details of each and every one, the entire series was amazing and really fed my love for reading (especially novels full of suspense and mystery). Thank you, Carolyn Keene, for giving us an intelligent female character to fall in love with in Nancy Drew! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
This is definitely my favorite out of the Nancy Drews I've recently read. Unlike some of the others, I found the stakes were high enough that I was invested in the story beyond the usual "I love a classic Nancy Drew" that will carry me through one of her mysteries whether it's thrilling or not. And with high stakes come emotional investment (manifested as worry for Nancy and her dad's well-being most of the time) and the NEED to keep reading until everything was resolved. Nancy's character, also, was very strong, and the only boy (friend or date) that appeared in the story only did so in the beginning as sort of a throw away, not a character of any major importance. I really appreciated that it was her and Helen solving the mystery with the occasional help from the police and lawyers (mostly for legal matters out of the range of their abilities). Nancy found her kidnapped father, for goodness sakes. Not to rag on any of the later books, but this Nancy is the one I love. ( )
  ilikeike | Nov 28, 2017 |
Such a great series! Following along with the adventures that Nancy goes on will entice young readers to finish an entire chapter book. The mysteries that Nancy solves will keep younger, nearly expert readers turning the pages. These book series could also be great for a literature cirlce and using the assigned "literature jobs". ( )
  mackenzieshep | Nov 5, 2017 |
I love Nancy Drew. She's such a good role model for young kids and these stories are so easy to fly through. I would recommend them. This story in particular had really good pacing and the storyline was engaging. 5 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Jul 25, 2017 |
Another classic ( )
  gail616 | Jul 2, 2017 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pickard, NancyIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tandy, Russell H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nancy Drew began peeling off her garden gloves as she ran up the porch steps and into the hall to answer the ringing telephone.

Teenage detective Nancy Drew uses her courage and powers of deduction to solve the mysterious happenings in an old stone mansion.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:30 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,017,542 books! | Top bar: Always visible