The Other Daughter by Lisa Gardner

The Other Daughter

by Lisa Gardner

Recently added byjhblanch, mindy.magee, ReedaPNR, private library, Evansville, PJ817, Akpaddle, Tiffy83

I basically read the whole thing in one day. I thought it was very good and very well written. I really like her as an author and will read more of her books in the future. I have just ordered the first three books in the Quincy and Rainie series. I expect to like them as much as I have liked her others.
  Swade0710 | Mar 20, 2014 |
Gripping and fast-paced. Gardener excels at digging deep for an emotional connection to her characters. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
I'm conflicted about this one... on one hand, it's a very engaging thriller that definitely kept me reading to the end. On the other, I find much of the story and set-up far-fetched to say the least. Why would morphine erase 9 years of her life? Hey, we've been seeing each other for a month (without saying much) so we should get married! And so on. I also figured out much of the story pretty early on... that said, I still wanted to see how it all fit together. ( )
  tulikangaroo | Jul 8, 2013 |
Enjoyed the book. I found it a bit confusing trying to learn all of the characters and their connections but by the end had it. A strange story and a bit unbelievable but enough of a twist that I could not figure it out. ( )
  kim.jacobs | Mar 20, 2013 |
Professional event planner Melanie Stokes does not suspect that the death of a serial killer in a Texas electric chair 20 years before could have any relevance to her neatly ordered existence. But as it becomes clear that the life she's known (as the adopted daughter of Boston cardiologist Harper Stokes and his trophy wife, Patricia) is based on ugly secrets and bloody lies, her world unravels. With the help of FBI Agent David Riggs, who makes up for his lack of physical agilityAthe result of ankylosing spondylitis (bad back problems)Awith finely honed reflexes, street smarts and pure sex appeal, Melanie unearths what an intricately planned 25-year-old cover-up can't hide: the gruesome truth about her parentage. Once again, Gardner serves up suspense at a furious pace. A good page turner ( )
  caroren | May 28, 2011 |
At six A. M., the Huntsville "Walls" Unit went to full lockdown.

Twenty years ago, Melanie Stokes was abandoned in a Boston hospital, then adopted by a wealthy young couple. Gifted with loving parents, a doting brother, and an indulgent uncle, Melanie has always considered herself lucky. Until the first cryptic, threatening note arrives: “You Get What You Deserve.”

Melanie has no memory of her life before the adoption. Now someone wants her to remember it all—even the darkest nightmare the Stokes family ever faced: the murder of their first daughter. As Melanie pursues every lead and chases every shadow in search of her real identity, two seemingly unrelated events from her past will come together in a dangerous explosion of truth.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:44 -0400)

WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW CAN KILL YOU In Texas a serial killer is executed, taking to his grave the identity of his only child. In Boston a nine-year-old girl is abandoned in a hospital, then adopted by a wealthy young couple. Twenty years later, Melanie Stokes still considers herself lucky. Until... Melanie had lost all memory of her life before the adoption, and now someone wants to give it back. Even if it includes the darkest nightmare the Stokes family ever faced: the murder of their first daughter in Texas. As Melanie pursues every lead, chases every shadow in the search for her real identity, two seemingly unrelated events from twenty years ago will come together in a dangerous explosion of truth. And with her very life at stake, Melanie will fear that the family she loves the most may be the people she should trust the least.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,669,773 books! | Top bar: Always visible