The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene

I guess I am too old for this book. Even though I did like the fact it had a female protagonist, it still was a little too "kiddy" for me. Damn it I should have read it earlier in my life, maybe I would have given it a 5 stars then. ( )
  FarihaImami | Dec 18, 2014 |
Let my start by saying Nancy is awesome! She is and always will be one of my favorite female fictional character.

This book also show Nancy's friend, Helen Corning. I like Helen, but I like Bess and George way more.

We also meet the Topham family and they are realy horrible people, at least the daughters are.

One thing I like about Nancy Drew, especially one though four, whenever something scary happens it keeps you at the end of your seat and leaves you wanting more (at least for me it does). Evan when Nancy is just standing in an abandon house alone it makes you fell like what's gonna happen? What is she gonna do? Nancy! Run!

The most suspenseful parts for me is when Nancy was at the cottage and the thieves show up, and when she took the clock before the thieves could catch her.

I really love this book. You are never to old for Nancy Drew. ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
Nancy Drew is what got me hooked on reading, and for that I will always have a fondness for these series. They are light easy formulaic throwaway reads with unmemorable characters, but when I first discovered them they were a gold mine to me. ( )
  JazMinderr | Jul 31, 2014 |
It was okay but I think the later books/mysteries were more exciting and more nicely written than this one. Or maybe I was much younger when I read the other ones thus the other ones appealed to me more. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 17, 2014 |
This was a fun quick read. I can see how I devoured these as a child. I read it for my Vintage Book Circle's Nancy Drew Night. I'm looking forward to a fun evening. I agree with Ginny that there were some things that jumped out at me as an adult that I'm sure never bothered me as a child. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Benson, Mildred WirtAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Paretsky, SaraIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tandy, Russell H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nancy Drew, an attractive girl of eighteen, was driving home along a country road in her new, dark-blue convertible.
[c1930 edition:] It would be a shame if all that money went to the Tophams!
First words above are not from c1930 edition.

Nancy Drew's keen mind is tested when she searches for a missing will.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:53 -0400)

Nancy Drew's keen mind is tested when she searches for a missing will.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,428,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible