The Whispering Statue by Carolyn Keene

The Whispering Statue (1937)

by Carolyn Keene

Series: Nancy Drew (14)

Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 8, 2017 |
loved this series when I was younger! ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
I have read two Nancy Drew books in my life. This si the first one I read. It was generally figured Nancy Drew books were for girls and so I did not make a special effort to read them, but I liked the book well enough nevertheless ( )
  Schmerguls | Jun 12, 2013 |
If you think you know everything about Nancy Drew via the first thirteen books, you are in for a shock. The author takes Nancy in a path that is non cutesy. She angers family and friends, she is placed in akward situations. All while keeping hope alive that she can resolve the mystery at hand. This is a dark Nancy Drew book, and a book I would recommend to anyone wanting to know why fans like us love her so. ( )
  seki | Oct 7, 2011 |
Awesome book! The entire time, I was trying to figure out how the heck the statue was "whispering"... Very interesting, and a very good plot. ( )
  Heather19 | Oct 1, 2007 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tandy, Russell H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Nancy, you're kidding. No statue can whisper!"

Nancy Drew is asked to solve a puzzling mystery and immediately is confronted with another, even more complicated. The first one concerns a valuable collection of rare books that Mrs. Horace Merriam commissioned a supposedly reputable art dealer to sell, but she now suspects that the man is a swindler. The second mystery revolves around the baffling theft of a beautiful marble statue.
To solve both mysteries, the famous young detective disguises herself and assumes a false identity.  Despite these precautions, danger stalks Nancy's every move. An attempted kidnapping, a nearly disastrous sailboat collision, and an encounter with a dishonest sculptor are just a few of the exciting challenges that Nancy is faced with as she gathers evidence against a clever ring of art thieves.
You will enjoy every moment of this thrill-packed story of how Nancy and her friends combine detective work and summer fun at a seaside resort.

Nancy and her friends establish headquarters in a seaside yacht club to investigate strange happenings in a book store and the disappearance of a marble statue.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,907,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible