Everyday Matters by Danny Gregory

Everyday Matters

by Danny Gregory

I knew Danny Gregory by reputation for a long time before really encountering him through Sketchbook Skool. I found I really appreciated his take on art and sketching and journaling. I liked the idea of connecting with something by drawing it. This book is basically a memoir through sketching of the time following his wife's tragic accident that left her paralyzed from the waist down. It's sad and beautiful and hopeful and inspiring. I read it in one sitting and will definitely be reading it again and again. ( )
  melydia | Mar 22, 2015 |
My second illustrated memoir in as many weeks. A friend shared her copy with me. It is a piece of art, an honest story of growing up (in a very real sense), of slowing down, of being grateful even when you're not so much. The drawings are wonderful and for me, coupled with reading Suzy Becker's illustrated memoir, have me drawing and writing as I've never done before. ( )
  bookem | Oct 17, 2010 |
Wonderful book! ( )
  kreativiT | Aug 22, 2008 |
Finding beauty in everyday things that seem so simple. Excerpt "Two Years before I started drawing, my wife was run over by a subway train and nearly killed. Well, this book is about how art and New York City saved my life." ( )
  Fourborne | Apr 27, 2007 |
An interesting, inspiring collection of drawings. Really makes you appreciate the small things in life that we usually overlook or take for granted. ( )
  susanaudrey | Mar 16, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 156898443X, Hardcover)

"Two years before I started drawing, my wife was run over by a subway train. Sounds really terrible, I know. But, well, this book is about how art and New York City saved my life."
When Danny Gregory's wife was severely injured, his life was changed in an instant. Searching about for meaning for what had happened to his little family, he began to create a richly illustrated journal of his life. Gregory as driven to record and comment on every aspect of his life, from dirty dishes to cathedrals, from hospital wards to life-drawing classes, from brunch with Hell's Angels to book shopping at the Strand.
This unique book chronicles his discovery of drawing, his wife's rehabilitation, his son's infancy, and the life of the city he loves. Funny, bittersweet, romantic, and perverse, Everyday Matters is an inspiration, an invitation to look for the beauty and significance in the details of our daily lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:22 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,563,099 books! | Top bar: Always visible