Dead Men's Boots (Felix Castor) by Mike…

Dead Men's Boots (Felix Castor) (edition 2009)

by Mike Carey

5191928,250 (3.95)22
Member:Sawney_Hatton
Title:Dead Men's Boots (Felix Castor)
Authors:Mike Carey
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2009), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 432 pages

Dead Men's Boots by Mike Carey

Aloha From Hell by Richard Kadrey (LongDogMom)
    LongDogMom: Similar type of writing and characterization
    Something from the Nightside by Simon R. Green (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: First book in the Nightside series, featuring a supernatural P.I. in the 'shadow' London where myths and boogiemen lives.

Twisted ending, as he's figuring it all out, but another great one! I love Juliet, I think she should have her own series. ;) ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
This took a while to get going and then when the resolution happened it was over quite quickly.

I suspect that Possession is 9/10 of the law featured in thoughts with this book. *evil grin*

Felix Castor is investigating why a friend of his committed suicide and why a murder has all the hallmarks of a long-dead American serial killer. And also his friend Rafi is in danger of being handed over to experimenters, and everyone who likes him is starting to wonder why, as several of them get injured or dead, or at least an attempt is made. He has to gang up with some unsavoury people to get things done and stay alive.

Interesting but it just didn't engage me until I was into the last third. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Feb 23, 2017 |
This one was a slog. I enjoyed Carey's first one but this one was all genre formula and very little of anything else. ( )
  mkunruh | Nov 13, 2016 |
I really wanted to like this book. It just didn't happen for me. From the very start I had trouble understanding just what was going on. I gave it 100 pages and nothing really clicked. Sorry. I always hate to give a book 2 stars because I know how hard a writer works to produce a book. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Mike Carey does not disappoint.

Felix Castor is in over his head. His friend is dead, and if Castor had just taken his calls, he might still be alive. A long dead American serial killer is apparently killing again, but in England. 'Fix' has to solve both crimes while navigating a world filled with ghosts, loup-garous, zombies, and the occasional demon. ( )
  JoshuaAtkins | May 4, 2015 |
To Charlotte Oria, my transatlantic connection for a quarter of a century, with much love and gratitude.
I don't do funerals all that often, and when I do, I prefer to be either falling-down drunk or dosed up on some herbal fuzz-bomb like salvinorin to the point where I start to lose feeling from the feet on up, like a kind of rising damp of the central nervous system.
Most of the people waving placards and chanting rhythmically were in their teens or early twenties. What did they know about death? They hadn't even gotten all that far with life yet.

"A brutal murder in King's Cross bears all the hallmarks of a long-dead American serial killer, and it takes more good sense than Felix Castor possesses not to get involved. He's also fighting a legal battle over the body - if not the soul - of his possessed friend, Rafi, and can't shake the feeling that his three problems might be related." "With the help of the succubus Juliet and paranoid zombie data-fence Nicky Heath, Castor just might have a chance of fitting the pieces together before someone drops him down a lift shaft or rips his throat out. Or not."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,129,275 books! | Top bar: Always visible