OPUS: 25 Years of His Sunday Best (2004)

by Berkeley Breathed

Series: Bloom County

From one of the funniest minds -- and pens -- of our time, at last, the definitive collection of the very best of Opus, everyones favorite maladjusted penguin.One of Americas most beloved comic geniuses is back, with this collectible 25th anniversary compendium of the best of Opus, joined by his hilarious supporting cast, including Binkley, Milo, Bill the Cat, Steve Dallas, Ronald Ann, and the rest of the residents of Bloom County and Outland. From Antarctica to Omaha, Opus has cavorted with space creatures, impersonated rock stars, fended off accusations of penguin lust, and even campaigned for office. Now, in addition to the classic strips, Berkeley Breathed also brings us never-before-collected Bloom County cartoons and original all-new material from his Opus comics. Brace yourself for the sidesplitting, table-pounding, milk-through-the-nose-spewing laughter that only Opus and his outlandish friends can generate. The perfect collection for both die-hard fans and those discovering the matchless humor of Berkeley Breathed for the first time.… (more)

A nice retrospective of the many years Berke Breathed has been working on Bloom County, Outland, and Opus. ( )
  ovistine | Nov 9, 2008 |
Although some of the cartoons are dated due mostly to political and entertainment themes, much of the humor from Opus, Steve Dallas, Michael Binkley, Cutter John, Milo Bloom, Bill The Cat, Hodge-Podge, Portnoy and many other characters is timeless and holds up well today. ( )
  Beukeboom | Nov 7, 2008 |
Opus has long been one of my favorite comic characters. This collection of his weekly color strips highlights some of the funniest and most thoughtful moments in his long visual life, including the simple and hilarious "Now stop that!" moment (his almost-disappearance is one of my favorite strips -- both chuckle- and thought-provoking). ( )
  beserene | Oct 4, 2008 |
A fantastic look at the origins and future of one of my favorite comic strip characters, Opus the Penguin. Sometimes nostalgic, sometimes poignant, sometimes a little politically charged, always funny, this is some of Berkeley Breathed's best Opus strips. ( )
  tapestry100 | Jul 17, 2007 |
A fine and lucious collection of 25 years (off and on) of one of my favorite comic strip characters, Opus from "Bloom County". This was a pleasantly nostalgic jaunt in ways, and in others an introduction to the new incarnations of the penguin and his fellow Bloom County denizens. Very nice art reproductions, too, in a nice size. ( )
  burnit99 | Dec 31, 2006 |

Belongs to Series

I submit this primordial 1981 Bloom County Sunday panel as a candidate for my Big Twilight Zone Destiny-Messing Moment.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,918,068 books! | Top bar: Always visible