Finding Christmas (Steeple Hill Women's…

Finding Christmas (Steeple Hill Women's Fiction #28) (edition 2005)

by Gail Gaymer Martin

Member:passionforbooks
Title:Finding Christmas (Steeple Hill Women's Fiction #28)
Authors:Gail Gaymer Martin
Info:Steeple Hill (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:****1/2

Finding Christmas by Gail Gaymer Martin

This was a story that had mystery, suspense, danger and loss; but it also had love, romance, forgiveness and hope. It took you through alot of different emotions and it all takes place around Christmas.

Joanna Fuller was told 3 years ago that her daughter (and her husband) were killed when their car plunged into a lake. Her husband's body was found in the car but the daughter, Mandy, was never found. Now 3 years later Joanna starts to have a reawakening of doubts and feels as if her daughter needs her and could still be alive. Her husband's good friend Ben, who left town shortly after the accident has returned and Joanna feels he is the only one who will listen to her. Ben tries to help Joanna without letting his feelings for her get in the way. Then strange phone calls start happening and emails and Ben starts to believe Joanna, that maybe Mandy is still alive. The unraveling of this mystery leaves you heartbroken for the little girl, but there is hope and rejoicing at the end.

I thought the relationship between Ben and Joanna was very real and precious. They both found strength to help in time of need in their relationship with the Lord. I also thought the author did a great job of mending the relationship between Joanna and her Mom. There was alot of tragedy and evil portrayed in the story, so it isn't a "holly, jolly" Christmas story, but it does have a happy ever after ending! It kept me captivated until the very end! ( )
  judyg54 | Dec 11, 2012 |
Finding Christmas - A Real Page Turner!

If you are looking for a book full of suspense with romance thrown in, this is the book for you! I found myself picking this book up every chance that I got. It was a good attention grabber right from the beginning. At times I felt like I was right there too!

The main character Joanne Fuller is still filled with grief over the death of her husband Greg and daughter Mandy. After 3 years it was time to put the grief aside and move on, but could she? She hears her daughter’s voice calling out to her from time to time.

Benjamin Drake, a good friend of both Joanne and her deceased husband Greg, has moved back to Detroit. He contacts Joanne and invites her to Dinner. Is he just an old friend or is there another reason for Benjamin to walk back into Joanne’s life?

Many emotions will come out while reading this book. God has a big part in this story too. Will Joanne be able to love, trust, and forgive?

I hope everyone will have a chance to read “Finding Christmas.” I highly recommend it! ( )
  passionforbooks | Nov 26, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,284,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible