Langenscheidt's Pocket German Dictionary…

Langenscheidt's Pocket German Dictionary (German and German Edition) (original 1911; edition 1983)

by Langenscheidt Publishers (Editor)

Member:EMoore1013
Title:Langenscheidt's Pocket German Dictionary (German and German Edition)
Authors:Langenscheidt Publishers (Editor)
Info:Langenscheidt (1983), 765 pages

Langenscheidt's Pocket German Dictionary by Langenscheidt Publishers (1911)

It's a dictionary, so there's not much that can be said about it as a review.
The layout is acceptable and considering I'm most likely using it to verify my own knowledge, I can't really call it out on any errors. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 9, 2012 |
I picked this little thing up after becoming tired of wanting to look up a word while I was out and about, and being unable to. Like my other Langenscheidt dictionaries, this one doesn't disappoint in the least. It's packed with words, considering its size, and while there aren't any example *sentences*, there are plenty of usage examples. My only real complaint is that while there are tons of them in the German - English section, the English - German is often lacking; looking up a verb will very often just give you 3 or 4 German verbs, with no indication as to how they're used or in what context.

Still, though, it's a fine little dictionary, even if it's a bit large for most standard pockets (it fits perfectly in my cargo pants pockets). Langenscheidt gets bonus points for using a rubber-like cover, which is bendable but extremely sturdy. ( )
1 vote briefmissives | Feb 21, 2009 |

Langenscheidt Publishersprimary authorall editionscalculated
Klatt, GiselaAuthormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klatt, GiselaAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Messinger, HeinzAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roy, DietrichAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nur der Teilband Deutsch-Englisch

This German pocket dictionary includes vocabulary especially geared toward the needs of business users, tourists and students. Written by native speakers, it incorporates between 45,000 and 55,000 references.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,433,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible