The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J…

The Daring Book for Girls (original 2007; edition 2012)

by Andrea J Buchanan (Author)

For every girl with an independent spirit and a nose for trouble, here is the no-boys-allowed guide to everything from school yard games to great women in history! The Daring Book for Girls is the manual for everything that girls need to know-and that doesn't mean sewing buttonholes! Audio includes: Fourteen Games of Tag - Queens of the Ancient World - Every Girl's Toolbox - The Daring Girls Guide to Danger - Slumber Party Games - Climbing - First Aid - Boys - How to Change a Tire - Jacks Whether readers consider themselves tomboys, girly-girls, or a little bit of both, this book is every girl's invitation to adventure.… (more)
Member:marenp2003
Title:The Daring Book for Girls
Authors:Andrea J Buchanan (Author)
Info:William Morrow (2012), Edition: 34847th, 288 pages

The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan (2007)

The Daring Book for Girls is the manual for everything that girls need to know--and that doesn't mean sewing buttonholes! Whether it's female heroes in history, secret note-passing skills, science projects, friendship bracelets, double dutch, cats cradle, the perfect cartwheel or the eternal mystery of what boys are thinking, this book has it all. But it's not just a guide to giggling at sleepovers--although that's included, of course! Whether readers consider themselves tomboys, girly-girls, or a little bit of both, this book is every girl's invitation to adventure.Includes bibliographical references. Provides information on various topics and instructions for several activities, covering women spies, the Bill of Rights, friendship bracelets, paper airplanes, cartwheels, games, changing a tire, and others. ( )
  MsSluvstech | Jul 18, 2019 |
Cute...a little trip down memory lane. ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
I didn't read every word of this - after all I'm an adult with a disability and I won't be playing basketball or doing cartwheels any time soon. But I read enough to know that I would have loved this as a girl. What a variety of games, crafts, chants, tidbits from history & other courses, poems, a reading list, 'how-tos' for athletics, etc. etc.! Told with the voice of a favorite aunt. I recommend it as a gift to a girl age 7-10, as there's both stuff she can do now, and stuff she'll grow into. I'm going to let my hair grow out so I can get it up with a chopstick. And right now I'm off to add some of the recommended books to my 'to-read' shelf!
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Book: The Daring Book for Girls
Author: Miriam Peskowitz
Characters: None
Setting: Not applicable
Theme: Adventures/ imagination and building
Genre: How to. . .
Audience: ages 8 +
Curriculum: A teacher can use some of these activities for students to get them excited and actively learning something new so long as they can find the activity relevant to the lesson plan. For example, there's a section on traveling to Africa and there's a map with small captions about each country.
Summary: Book is intended to use to have activities and fun using imagination, creating their own adventure and having in the process of learning.
Personal Response: This is a really cute book with lots of stuff to do and with illustrations that also seem to add to the context. Some images help more than others but they break up the blocks of text to help keep the attention of the reader. ( )
  Je2nif4 | Apr 13, 2013 |
Everything a girl needs to know and some fun things to know.... A young girl can lean how to make ivy chains, bandana tying, make her own paper climbing, write letters,knots and stitches and how to press flowers...along with about 75 other really awesome things to do or learn... A must for any girl.. ( )
  denisa.howe | Mar 31, 2013 |

Andrea J. Buchananprimary authorall editionscalculated
Peskowitz, Miriammain authorall editionsconfirmed
To the most daring girl I know; my grandmother Margaret Mullinix --A.B.

To my daughters, Samira and Amelia Jane --M.P.
Introduction: We were girls in the days before the Web, cell phones, or even voicemail.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,591,339 books! | Top bar: Always visible