Elphame's Choice by P.C. Cast

Elphame's Choice (edition 2009)

by P.C. Cast

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Elphame's Choice
Authors:P.C. Cast
Info:Harlequin (2009), Paperback, 432 pages
Tags:TBR, Young Adult, Paranormal

Elphame's Choice by P. C. Cast

There is sooo much I want to say about this book I don't even know where to begin. First off, I LOVED the Parthenon series and P.C. Cast is quickly becoming my favorite author of all time. I loved her Goddess Summoning series as well, anyway...This book fits in perfectly with the Parthenon series, it is actually set a hundred and some years after Rhiannon. The characters in this book are so vivid and so devoted to their faith it almost makes me jealous, and wish that I could also have that kind of faith in something, anything really. P.C. Cast makes you feel like you are in the book and you are actually there with the people and apart of everything. While reading (even up to 25 hours without sleep) it was like I was watching a movie and you know one of the characters is about to do something stupid and you are yelling at the TV "DON'T GO IN THERE" but they don't listen to you, of course. While reading this book I squealed, I laughed, I cried (yes, I actually did), I yelled, and I absolutely fell head over heels in love with Lochlan. Wow, what a character...I love him, and adore him absolutely. I know I can get an older copy of Brighid's Quest but...I want to wait so my whole series will match the re-release from Mira. I can't get enough, I have to go read the Parthenon series again, just because I don't want to let this world go just quite yet. The one thing that is even remotely not 100% positive was: I am unsure if this fits in the YA series genre...there is some sex in it, which is fine, but it still read like an adult novel to me, but who knows, book was amazing though. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
I laughed, I cried and I was amazed. ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
I picked this up because P.C. Cast has such a great reputation and she's a bestseller. The book was good, he writing is easy to read. I thought it had a slow start. However, by the half way point I was definitely engaged in Elphame's plight and by the end I was completely hooked. Of course, I had to buy the next book in the series. Brighid's Quest. It is now on my TBR shelf. ( )
  maggiejaimeson | Mar 30, 2013 |
This story makes you believe in the unbelievable...great rollercoaster of emotions I loved it all the way to the end... ( )
  elie26reads | Jan 3, 2013 |
Elphame is part human, part centaur and is considered to be marked by Epona for something. As such she's somewhat distanced from many people. She's drawn to restore the remote MacCallan castle and with her brother she goes to work on it. She finds herself accepted by the people and sets to work.

What she doesn't realise is that the man fated to be her mate is part-Formorian and winged. His and her people have been at odds for many years.

It's not bad, there are parts of it that really felt like they were done in order to shock rather than to move the story along though. I have issues with the easy acceptance and lack of growth of knowledge of each other that the main characters have. Still I did enjoy it, but it did leave me with some issues. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 14, 2011 |

awesomeness

From the bestselling author of the "House of Night" series comes the award-winning world of Partholon, rich in goddesses, intrigue and magic. Part-human, part-centaur, Elphame has always been different. OK, make that very different. The hundreds of shimmering butterflies sent by the goddess Etain to mark her birth were only the beginning. When Elphame is asked to breathe new life into the remote MacCallan Castle, she goes along with it (well stranger things have happened...) and finally she's found her true calling. But Elphame hadn't banked on her life being threatened when the bizarre Fomorian descendents (bat-like humans - it's a long story) return to MacCallen with their own devastating agenda. Nor the fact that she may have finally found her lifemate...at the most inconvenient time!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:42 -0400)

I was marked from birth as belonging to the goddess Epona -- but that didn't make my life easy. Because of my "blessings," I was set apart, worshipped, unable to make real connections with others. Then came the Feeling, and with it a glimpse of my destiny.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,053,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible