Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb

Immortal in Death

by J. D. Robb

Series: In Death (3)

English (62)  Dutch (1)  All languages (63)
Ev Dallas and Roarke are getting married. Eve’s friend Mavis takes Eve to Leonardo, Mavis’s boyfriend, to have a wedding designed. Leonardo is n up and coming designer preparing for his first major fashion show which will feature the famous model Pandora. Pandora has a fight with Mavis, as Pandora wants Leonardo back as a lover. Unfortunately, Pandora is murdered and Mavis is arrested for the murder. With a wedding in the near future, her best friend as a suspect, and a new fatal drug on the illegals market, Eve has her hands full. Eve requests the help of a street cop, Peabody.

This was a fast moving intricate story of love, drugs, murder, and friendship. I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the addition of Peabody yo the cast of characters. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Feb 11, 2019 |
3.5 stars

When Eve’s best friend, Mavis, is charged with murdering a model, Eve has to get to the bottom of it and free Mavis. She knows Mavis would never do such a thing, though it does look bad.

Thought I’d leave any of Eve’s personal details out of the summary, so as not to be spoilery (though this is only the 3rd book in the ridiculously long series, so I suspect most people who are interested have already (probably long since!) bypassed this one). I will say that I didn’t dislike Rourke nearly as much in this one as I did in the previous two books. The book was good. This was probably a similar rating as what I gave the first two books, I think. Decent story, but nothing overly special. I was surprised at the ending. Will I continue the series? I suppose I probably will, at least for now. They are quick to read. ( )
  LibraryCin | Sep 27, 2018 |
4.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Eve's friend Mavis becomes a suspect for murder when the former mistress of her current bf is killed. Eve has to follow the book, but prove her friend's innocence, all while planning her upcoming wedding. Or..actually..trying to avoid planning her wedding.
Eve's so salty towards Roarke, I'm surprised he puts up with it. Although, he seems to like it, so maybe it's a case of the rich, powerful, handsome man finding it refreshing when a woman doesn't fawn all over him in a gold-diggy kind of way.
I'm really starting to adore Officer Peabody. I hope she figures more in the series to come and hopefully gets a steady love interest.
Loved, loved, loved the bachelorette party scene. Mavis, Mira, Peabody, Nadine, Eve. What a great group of interesting, strong, intelligent female characters. ( )
  EmScape | Jun 3, 2018 |
Immortal in Death
4 Stars

In the days leading up to her wedding to Roarke, Homicide Lieutenant Eve Dallas has her hands full with flower arrangements and wardrobe fittings. The best laid plans are interrupted, however, when Eve’s best friend, Mavis, is accused of the murder of her current boyfriend’s ex-lover, and Eve is determined to do whatever it takes to prove her innocence.

While the writing is certainly formulaic and the mysteries predictable, there is, nevertheless, something very appealing about the characters and the romance in this series.

Eve’s character development is one of the elements that grabs the reader by the throat. As more details of her horrific childhood are revealed, it is impossible not to admire her strength and resilience. The revelations about Roarke’s past are different yet no less heart-wrenching in their intensity and the reasons for his and Eve’s attraction become clearer with each tidbit of information.

While the mystery is rather obvious and it is possible to figure out the killer mainly due to the dearth of suspects, the investigation is interesting and it is fun to follow the clues along with Eve and her new sidekick, Delia Peabody.

All in all, a fast paced and entertaining read with excellent characterization and an exciting climax and resolution. Looking forward to Eve’s next case. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |

J. D. Robbprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fontana, PedroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Romaní, LolaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The fatal gift of beauty -----Byron
Make me immortal with a kiss ----Christopher Marlowe
Getting married was murder.

A top model is dead--and the suspect is none other than Eve Dallas's best friend.

'She'd come to New York to be a cop, because she believed in order. Needed it to survive. She had taken control, had made herself into the person some anonymous social worker had named Eve Dallas'. But in a few weeks she won't just be Eve Dallas, lieutenant, homicide. She'll be Roarke's wife. But Eve's wedding plans may have to be put on hold as her private and professional lives collide... The victim in her latest murder investigation is one of the most sought-after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted - even another woman's man. And Eve's chief suspect is the other woman in this fatal love triangle - her best friend Mavis. Putting her job on the line to head the investigation, Eve discovers that the world of high fashion thrives on an all-consuming passion for youth and fame. One that leads from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City where drugs can fulfil any desire - for a price...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425153789, Mass Market Paperback)

She was one of the most sought-after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted -- even another woman's man. And now she was dead, the victim of a brutal murder. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas put her professional life on the line to take the case when suspicion fell on her best friend, the other woman in the fatal love triangle. Beneath the facade of glamour, Eve found that the world of high fashion thrived on an all-consuming passion for youth and fame. One that led from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City where drugs could fulfill any desire -- for a price . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:27 -0400)

Eve Dallas, police woman of the future, is forced to arrest her best friend Mavis for murder when all clues point to Mavis as the killer of her lover's old girlfriend.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,462,472 books! | Top bar: Always visible