Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb

Immortal in Death (edition 1996)

by J. D. Robb (Author)

Series: In Death (3)

Member:katiekrug
Title:Immortal in Death
Authors:J. D. Robb (Author)
Info:Berkley (1996), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fiction, suspense, speculative, future, romance

Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb

Another masterpiece by J.D Robb! This one had a different tune to the crime, because of the close relationship between Eve and the prime suspect which didn't make the book bad, quite the opposite. By having that to think about, eve had to take different approaches to lead the investigation. Her relationship with Roarke has reached this level of trust and intimacy that makes me go all starry eyed over them. The case in question was very good too and I don't know if I'm always too in tune with Eve's personal life, but I can't seem to figure out who the killer is. Oh, well, I guess that way I enjoy the ending more. ^^ ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
I was not expecting the killer's identity and I love murder mysteries that always catch me by surprise. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Eve and Roarke are getting married but Eve needs a wedding gown and a wardrobe. Mavis brings her new beau who is also a designer, Leonardo, around to design Eve's clothes. Eve's not happy with it but once she sees Leonardo's fashions she can live with them. Unfortunately, along the way, Leonardo's ex-girlfriend, a model named Pandora, is murdered in Leonardo's studio and Mavis is found at the scene. Eve has to do some fancy detecting to keep Mavis out of prison for life. Eve also has to deal with remembering more of her past.

I like Eve. She always claims she is a loner but we see the family is putting together for herself. Eve may be a hard-nosed, kick-ass copy but with Roarke in her life her softer side slowly shows. I like how each thinks of the other and how their actions will affect one another. I also like that Roarke will not let go of Eve, no matter how she tries. I am re-enjoying this series again. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Jul 1, 2014 |
#3. After reading 4 [In Death] books, essentially in a row, I've had my fix. I'm sure I will resume, but not for a while.

Because I've read #36, I know Robb does get back on track thinking about what the future may bring, but she let that piece of the series down here.

Additionally, the perp (see, I can talk cop talk) was apparent when they (gender free, singular pronoun) first were introduced.

Now that primary relationships are settled between Eve and her "family" I think we can expect better plotting. IMHO and all that. ( )
  kaulsu | Jun 18, 2014 |
I could say that I absolutely love this series and nothing else. End of review. But, I really believe that this particular series deserves a full review, because readers must learn how great it is! This book is the third installment in this series and many things happened.

Eve and Roarke are planning their wedding. Well, Roarke is planning the wedding and Eve is trying to solve another case that was make the life of her best friend difficult! On top of that, Eve remembers what happened to her when she was just a kid. Yes, in this book she has to deal with many difficult situations. Again.

I liked Eve since I first read about her, but after that I like her even more. Although she’s been through hell and her father did to her many unspeakable things, she’s a very strong woman. If she was broken, I would have understand her because it would be logical. But she’s a very brave woman and although she’s afraid of her feelings, at the end of the day she admits that she needs Roarke and his love because he makes her feel safe. Of course, she had her doubts for a while but not because she doesn’t love him but because everything is to strange for her.

Roarke is definitely the best man for Eve. He knows her better that herself. And he has his dark past also, so she can understand her. We learn some things about his past in this story. Not good but I was expecting it. It’s not easy for him to be so giving and to see that Eve is reluctant but it bothers him because he wants her free of her nightmares and happy. I love their conversations because he can make her be more relaxed.

In this story, I liked other five characters also. Mavis, Mira, Peabody, Nadine and Feeney. Everyone for different reasons and I hope to see more of them in the next books. The plot was very good and the writing style amazing as always! Definitely a very nice read! ( )
  mariag_1984 | Nov 3, 2013 |

J.D. Robbprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fontana, PedroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Romaní, LolaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The fatal gift of beauty -----Byron
Make me immortal with a kiss ----Christopher Marlowe
Getting married was murder.

A top model is dead--and the suspect is none other than Eve Dallas's best friend.

'She'd come to New York to be a cop, because she believed in order. Needed it to survive. She had taken control, had made herself into the person some anonymous social worker had named Eve Dallas'. But in a few weeks she won't just be Eve Dallas, lieutenant, homicide. She'll be Roarke's wife. But Eve's wedding plans may have to be put on hold as her private and professional lives collide... The victim in her latest murder investigation is one of the most sought-after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted - even another woman's man. And Eve's chief suspect is the other woman in this fatal love triangle - her best friend Mavis. Putting her job on the line to head the investigation, Eve discovers that the world of high fashion thrives on an all-consuming passion for youth and fame. One that leads from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City where drugs can fulfil any desire - for a price...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425153789, Mass Market Paperback)

She was one of the most sought-after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted -- even another woman's man. And now she was dead, the victim of a brutal murder. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas put her professional life on the line to take the case when suspicion fell on her best friend, the other woman in the fatal love triangle. Beneath the facade of glamour, Eve found that the world of high fashion thrived on an all-consuming passion for youth and fame. One that led from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City where drugs could fulfill any desire -- for a price . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:26 -0400)

When a top model is murdered, police lieutenant Eve Dallas discovers that the world of high fashion thrives on an all-consuming obsession for youth and fame. One that leads from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City, where drugs can be found to fulfill any desire--for any price. J.D. Robb is the pseudonym of New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,117,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible