Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb

Immortal in Death (edition 1996)

by J. D. Robb

Series: In Death (3)

Member:katiekrug
Title:Immortal in Death
Authors:J. D. Robb (Author)
Info:Berkley (1996), Edition: Reissue, Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fiction, suspense, speculative, future, romance

Immortal In Death by J. D. Robb

English (54)  Dutch (1)  All languages (55)
I am really beginning to enjoy this series. I was hesitant to begin because I do not like romance novels and although In Death is mystery, the author is Nora Roberts writing as JD Robb. Nora Roberts = romance. Ick, I say. ICK.

I am happy to report that my fears have been unfounded. The plot is solid enough that I can skim over any romance-y sex-y scenes without missing a beat in the story. Occasionally, the romance plays a part in the story too. I still say ick but it doesn't make me want to throw the book across the room. The writing is good, the characters fleshed out. Overall, the series has been pretty danged good and Immortal has been no exception.

Recommended. ( )
  enemyanniemae | Apr 28, 2016 |
When Eve Dallas is called into a murder scene, she is surprised to learn that her best friend, Mavis, is a suspect in the crime. When Eve has to arrest Mavis for the murder, she vows to save her friend and find the killer no matter what. But it's not so easy for Eve to concentrate on the case when she has to plan her own wedding, tend to her best friend, and deal with the sudden memories of her buried past. Eve is determined to find the true killer and prove Mavis' innocence, and so she goes into overdrive doing just that. Eve turns up a connection to a new illegal drug, which benefits the user with restored youthfulness, but is also highly addictive and fatal.

This is the third book of the long running series and I’ve really enjoyed them all. It’s interesting to see how the author envisions future New York and I love the mix of mystery and low level science fiction. I definitely plan to continue the series and hope to read at least a few more this year.
  Olivermagnus | Jan 17, 2016 |
This series just keeps getting better and better. ( )
  Melissa_J | Jan 16, 2016 |
Immortal in Death J D Robb
★★★

The third book in the Eve Dallas series, this book sees Eve investigating the death of a supermodel who has been violently beaten to death, the problem? Eves best friend Mavis is the prime suspect.

There is also an investigation into a new type of illegal drug one that promises its users youth and strength but which is actually deadly.

Amongst all this havoc Eve is slowly recovering her childhood memories and experimenting with proper beauty care and designer clothing.

I enjoyed this book more for the developement of characters and relationships than the actual crime investigation, I really like Officer Peabody and think she is a good foil for Dallas.
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |
Eve Dallas is busy planning her wedding to Roarke. Then her best friend Mavis is accused of murdering the famous model Pandora. Eve is also busy investigating the death of one of her informants Boomer who has a stash of a unknown drug. Officer Peabody and Captain Feeney help in the investigation. A good mystery and I enjoy the inventiveness of the future setting. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |

J. D. Robbprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fontana, PedroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Romaní, LolaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The fatal gift of beauty -----Byron
Make me immortal with a kiss ----Christopher Marlowe
Getting married was murder.

A top model is dead--and the suspect is none other than Eve Dallas's best friend.

'She'd come to New York to be a cop, because she believed in order. Needed it to survive. She had taken control, had made herself into the person some anonymous social worker had named Eve Dallas'. But in a few weeks she won't just be Eve Dallas, lieutenant, homicide. She'll be Roarke's wife. But Eve's wedding plans may have to be put on hold as her private and professional lives collide... The victim in her latest murder investigation is one of the most sought-after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted - even another woman's man. And Eve's chief suspect is the other woman in this fatal love triangle - her best friend Mavis. Putting her job on the line to head the investigation, Eve discovers that the world of high fashion thrives on an all-consuming passion for youth and fame. One that leads from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City where drugs can fulfil any desire - for a price...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425153789, Mass Market Paperback)

She was one of the most sought-after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted -- even another woman's man. And now she was dead, the victim of a brutal murder. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas put her professional life on the line to take the case when suspicion fell on her best friend, the other woman in the fatal love triangle. Beneath the facade of glamour, Eve found that the world of high fashion thrived on an all-consuming passion for youth and fame. One that led from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City where drugs could fulfill any desire -- for a price . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:27 -0400)

When a top model is murdered, police lieutenant Eve Dallas discovers that the world of high fashion thrives on an all-consuming obsession for youth and fame. One that leads from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City, where drugs can be found to fulfill any desire--for any price. J.D. Robb is the pseudonym of New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,256,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible