Return To Me by Shannon McKenna

Return To Me

by Shannon McKenna

Shannon Mckenna is about the only non-pnr, rom/suspense writer I read anymore. (well aside from Pamela Clare!) Thank God I haven't made it thru her entire backlist yet because I hear her latest couple haven't been as hot- (which tends to happen in a long series).

However, Return to Me, I'm happy to report, I thoroughly enjoyed!

Though its not part of her McCloud Brothers series, it has all the hallmarks of a good McKenna read- a lost soul alpha hero, a heroine who knows and loves him to the depth of her being, sexy heat and a bad guy that won't stop till both are dead. (The bad guy part is really just background noise as far as I'm concerned, but you'll have this with alot of romantic suspense now-a-days.)

Successful photojournalist Simon Riley has loved El Kent for a very long time. He never thought he'd see her again after the town wrote him off all those years ago as the boy from the wrong side of the tracks who would never amount to nothing, but when his uncle turns up dead from an apparent suicide he must go back to face the demons of the past... and the one woman whom he could never forget. Little does Simon know that someone in town is out to make sure those demons stay buried- even if they have to kill to do it.

As I mentioned above this book delivers on numerous levels- long lost love is an easy hook for me and the author sure knows how to maintain scintillating chemistry between her characters. I love that in a romance novel. The only drawback for me was the worn psycho killer plot and that character's obvious motivations. Still, if you like romantic suspense with an over the top heat factor, you can't get much better than a Shannon Mckenna novel- and this one is no exception. ( )
1 vote ZEEK319 | May 10, 2010 |

The Midnight Man

It's been seventeen years since bad boy Simon Riley hopped a freight train out of town and Ellen Kent's given up wondering what happened to him. Running a successful bed and breakfast in Oregon's LaRue River Valley hasn't left her a lot of time for fantasizing about the one who got away. She's put aside her dreams of midnight kisses and secret passion . . . until an unexpected visitor knocks on her door. Simon is back. She had no idea that he was a famous photojournalist, working in war zones around the world. But the man is everything she wants in a lover--and more . . .

The Midnight Hour

Dogged by trouble, Simon swore he'd never return to this backwater town, even to see El Kent. But he had to come back to investigate his uncle's sudden death--and he must face the demons of his past. El's lush beauty still tempts him beyond belief. He knows he can satisfy her most hidden desire, to the point of complete abandonment and total ecstasy. And he's hungry for the sensual tenderness that only she can give--hungry for her.

The last thing Simon would ever do is hurt El, but someone is forcing his hand. Someone who will stop at nothing to keep the past dead and buried--even if it means silencing the woman Simon loves . . .

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,145,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible