Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We…

Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate (edition 2007)

by Jerry Bridges

Title:Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate
Authors:Jerry Bridges
Info:NavPress (2007), Edition: 1St Edition, Hardcover, 192 pages
Collections:Christian Growth / Discipleship

Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate by Jerry Bridges

I love Jerry Bridges books and am sad that there will be no more as the author died last year. This book highlights the sins that we tend to overlook, (things like pride, covetousness, gossip etc,) whilst judging those who, in our view, are guilty of much more serious wrong-doing.

It's a challenge to each one of us and one of the author's best books. If you haven't yet read Trusting God then try this as well! [https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1463995605]

Highly recommended! ( )
  sparkleandchico | Dec 25, 2017 |
This book is one of those we need to read over and over and keep close by. I found something in every chapter to help me grow closer to the image of Christ. So often we get comfortable with comparing ourselves among ourselves, that we lose sight of what our true standard should be. We begin to excuse our sins and forget that, with God, there is no "little" sin. This book clearly identifies the "respectable" sins that befall us in our day-to-day lives. ( )
  Rich_B | Jun 2, 2016 |
Thought-provoking. ( )
  leandrod | Feb 10, 2015 |
A helpful book that was a guide for term 2 preaching at NBC. I am looking forward to reading it. ( )
  ggannell | Oct 22, 2011 |

As Christians, we believe that all sins are considered equal in God's eyes. Yet while evangelicals continue to decry the Big Ones--such as abortion, adultery, and violence--we often overlook more deceptive sins. It seems we have created a sliding scale where gossip, jealousy, and selfishness comfortably exist within the church. In short, some sins have simply become acceptable. Acclaimed author Jerry Bridges believes that just as culture has lost the concept of sin, the church faces the same danger. Throughout, Jerry encourages victory over personal sin through the gospel's transforming power. This release is perfect for readers who long to thoughtfully examine their lives and discover a deeper walk with God.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,164,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible