Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges

Respectable Sins (edition 2007)

by Jerry Bridges (Author)

Have Christians become so preoccupied with "major" sins that we have lost sight of our need to deal with more subtle sins? Navigator author Jerry Bridges addresses the "acceptable" sins that we tend to tolerate in ourselves, including pride and anger. He goes to the heart of the matter, exploring our feelings of shame and grief and opening a new door to God's forgiveness and grace. Travel down the road of spiritual formation with Jerry and discover your true identity as a loved child of God. A discussion guide is available separately.… (more)
Member:ONALibrary
Title:Respectable Sins
Authors:Jerry Bridges (Author)
Info:NavPress (2007), Edition: 1St Edition, 192 pages

Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate by Jerry Bridges

I love Jerry Bridges books and am sad that there will be no more as the author died last year. This book highlights the sins that we tend to overlook, (things like pride, covetousness, gossip etc,) whilst judging those who, in our view, are guilty of much more serious wrong-doing.

It's a challenge to each one of us and one of the author's best books. If you haven't yet read Trusting God then try this as well! [https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1463995605]

Highly recommended! ( )
  sparkleandchico | Dec 25, 2017 |
This book is one of those we need to read over and over and keep close by. I found something in every chapter to help me grow closer to the image of Christ. So often we get comfortable with comparing ourselves among ourselves, that we lose sight of what our true standard should be. We begin to excuse our sins and forget that, with God, there is no "little" sin. This book clearly identifies the "respectable" sins that befall us in our day-to-day lives. ( )
  Rich_B | Jun 2, 2016 |
Thought-provoking. ( )
  leandrod | Feb 10, 2015 |
A helpful book that was a guide for term 2 preaching at NBC. I am looking forward to reading it. ( )
  ggannell | Oct 22, 2011 |
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you . . . because of your partnership in the gospel. -- Philippians 1:3-5
To all those who by their prayers and financial support partner with me in ministry, this book is gratefully dedicated.
[Preface] "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" (John 8:7, KJV).
The church at Corinth was all messed up, both theologically and morally.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,411,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible