Trace by Patricia Cornwell

Trace (2004)

by Patricia Cornwell

Series: A Scarpetta Novel (13)

English (29)  Dutch (2)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (37)
bad
  colin10 | Apr 25, 2016 |
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the city that turned its back on her five years ago. Investigating the death of a young girl, she must follow the twisting leads and track the strange details in order to make the dead speak-and to reveal the sad truth that may be more than even she can bear. ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |
One thing I like about the Scarpetta novels, a very long series by now, is that you do not have to read them in order. I haven't. I dip in every now and then and I'm right at home. Just enough of the past to keep me updated, and not so much that I may as well be reading the last book again. This episode concerns that past in part, starting with a mysterious pair of deaths that should not be related but are because of a strange bit of trace evidence that could have been cross contamination. From that little bit, a bigger plot is exposed and the day ends well for our heroes. Life goes on and we wait for tomorrow. ( )
  susanbeamon | Jan 31, 2015 |
This was my first Scarpetta novel, so I must admit to having to Wikipedia to resort to some context, which, in itself was mildly annoying - I never knew what was new and what was implied knowledge... this combined with Lucy's over-the-top personality, the complicated relationship with Benton, and the extremely complicated story and I had a hard time getting into the story.
This said, I really liked Scarpetta's personality, her relationship with Marino, the decor and the scientific appeal to the story...
I think that going back to the beginning would give me a better appreciation for the series; worth a try! ( )
  Cecilturtle | Aug 24, 2014 |
  cmakny | Aug 14, 2013 |
Kay Scarpetta regresa a la clínica forense de Richmond (Virginia) -que fuera durante años su centro de trabajo- para participar en la investigación de la muerte de una adolescente. Gilly Paulsson fue hallada muerta en su cama sin aparentes signos de violencia; no obstante, el hecho de que la autopsia se esté posponiendo más de lo previsto y que el FBI esté interesado en conocer los resultados de la misma despierta el recelo de la forense. Benton Wesley, desde su refugio en Aspen, confirma las sospechas de Scarpetta cuando le recomienda cautela, pues ha dado con información extraoficial que insinúa que el caso Paulsson podría estar siendo utilizado como tapadera.

Scarpetta, ayudada por Pete Marino, intentará dilucidar qué hay de verdad en todo ello, a la vez que se enfrentará a la hostilidad con que la trata Joel Marcus, el forense jefe que la sustituyó en su cargo, descontento con el regreso dela reputada doctora.

Mientras tanto, Lucy y Benton tratan de encontrar a la persona que atacó a Henri cuando ésta se alojaba en casa de la primera.

Además de revelar la dirección que tomarán una y otra investigación, Patricia Cornwell narra la emocionante vuelta de Scarpetta a la institución a la que hizo célebre y de la que fue injustamente despedida.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

Cornwell, Patriciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Amoroso, LisaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dewey, AmandaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harper, WalterCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ligterink, YolandeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shulgin, Irene M.Author photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Ruth and Billy Graham. I know no others like you, and I love you.
My thanks to Julia Cameron for guiding me along the Artist's Way.
To Charlie and Marty.
All of you make it possible.
Yellow bulldozers hack earth and stone in an old city block that has seen more death than most modern wars, and Kay Scarpetta slows her rental SUV almost to a stop.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425204200, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:06 -0400)

Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia from freelancing in South Florida at the request of the recently appointed Chief Medical Examiner to solve the murder of a 14-year-old girl, but she finds that nothing is as she left it. Her former lab is being demolished; the chief isn't really the one who requested her; her former assistant chief has has personal problems that he refuses to reveal; and a glamorous FBI agent meddles with the case.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible