Trace by Patricia Cornwell

Trace (2004)

by Patricia Cornwell

Series: Kay Scarpetta (13)

English (28)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (35)
Now freelancing from south Florida, Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia, the city that turned its back on her five years ago. Investigating the death of a young girl, she must follow the twisting leads and track the strange details in order to make the dead speak-and to reveal the sad truth that may be more than even she can bear. ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |
One thing I like about the Scarpetta novels, a very long series by now, is that you do not have to read them in order. I haven't. I dip in every now and then and I'm right at home. Just enough of the past to keep me updated, and not so much that I may as well be reading the last book again. This episode concerns that past in part, starting with a mysterious pair of deaths that should not be related but are because of a strange bit of trace evidence that could have been cross contamination. From that little bit, a bigger plot is exposed and the day ends well for our heroes. Life goes on and we wait for tomorrow. ( )
  susanbeamon | Jan 31, 2015 |
This was my first Scarpetta novel, so I must admit to having to Wikipedia to resort to some context, which, in itself was mildly annoying - I never knew what was new and what was implied knowledge... this combined with Lucy's over-the-top personality, the complicated relationship with Benton, and the extremely complicated story and I had a hard time getting into the story.
This said, I really liked Scarpetta's personality, her relationship with Marino, the decor and the scientific appeal to the story...
I think that going back to the beginning would give me a better appreciation for the series; worth a try! ( )
  Cecilturtle | Aug 24, 2014 |
  cmakny | Aug 14, 2013 |
This is the last Scarpetta novel I'm ever going to read. I wish I'd stopped several books ago when she started bringing characters back from the dead soap opera style. The early books were great yarns but somewhere along the line Cornwell started phoning it in. ( )
  bsquaredinoz | Mar 31, 2013 |

Ligterink, YolandeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
P, Cornwellsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shulgin, Irene M.Author photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Ruth and Billy Graham. I know no others like you, and I love you.
My thanks to Julia Cameron for guiding me along the Artist's Way.
To Charlie and Marty.
All of you make it possible.
Yellow bulldozers hack earth and stone in an old city block that has seen more death than most modern wars, and Kay Scarpetta slows her rental SUV almost to a stop.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the hardcover first edition):

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, businesses, companies, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission. Please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights. Purchase only authorized editions. Published simultaneously in Canada.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data are included.

First printing of first edition line: 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2
wird mit Trace verwechselt...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425204200, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:58 -0400)

Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond, Virginia from freelancing in South Florida at the request of the recently appointed Chief Medical Examiner to solve the murder of a 14-year-old girl, but she finds that nothing is as she left it. Her former lab is being demolished; the chief isn't really the one who requested her; her former assistant chief has has personal problems that he refuses to reveal; and a glamorous FBI agent meddles with the case.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,766,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible