The Conan Doyle Stories by Sir Arthur Conan…

The Conan Doyle Stories

by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

A huge clollection that introduced me to many non-Holmes Doyle stories I had not known before. Some I like immensely, such as "the Croxton Master" about a medical student who earns much-need money by winning an old-fashioned prize fight against a very tough local champion. A few I dislike, mainly the Captain Sharkey stories about a really nasty pirate. Aside from Sharkey, nearly all are very worth reading. (I wonder if Saruman's nickname derives from this pirate?). ( )
1 vote antiquary | Oct 27, 2016 |
This is a large omnibus edition and contains all the C.D. stories except for the Sherlock Holmes stories. Some of the stories are top-notch, ageless, others have not stood the test of time well. What else can you expect from such a tremendous output. well worth reading but I would skim through a few of them, and definitely skip "The horror of the Heights." ( )
1 vote DollyBantry | Jul 11, 2012 |
A collection of novels and stories not including the Napoleonic stories or Sherlock Holmes ( )
1 vote GlenRalph | Jul 19, 2009 |
Tales of: The Ring, The Camp, Pirates, Blue Water, Terror, Mystery, Twilight & The Unseen, Adventure, Medical Life and Long Ago
  mmckay | Sep 1, 2007 |
One of the very best books in my collection. Most of the 76 short stories here collected are little gems. Of particular note - "A Straggler of '15", "The Green Flag", "The Blighting of Sharkey","The Leather Funnel", "The Lost Special", "Lot No.249",and "The last of the Legions". ( )
3 vote devenish | Apr 5, 2006 |

Legacy Library: Arthur Conan Doyle

Arthur Conan Doyle has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Arthur Conan Doyle's legacy profile.

See Arthur Conan Doyle's author page.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,761,798 books! | Top bar: Always visible