The Bridge at Remagen by Ken Hechler

The Bridge at Remagen

by Ken Hechler

91None131,752 (3.7)None

3211. The Bridge at Remagen, by Ken Hechler (read 23 June 1999) I saw this at a rummage sale and it cost I think a dime. I remembered the author was a West Virginian congressman and so bought the book months ago and have finally read it. It tells agreat story very well, and the book really caught me up. It is told in sort of official history language, since the author was a historian during the war when he was in the Army. This is a real 5-star book and I am glad I read it. ( )
1 vote Schmerguls | Dec 4, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0891418601, Mass Market Paperback)

It was a stunning strategic victory of World War II–and one of the most fantastic breaks for the Allies. On March 7, 1945, a small group of American infantrymen, engineers, and tank crews secured the Ludendorff Bridge that crossed the Rhine. The successful mission saved thousands of American lives and spearheaded the invasion of Nazi Germany.

The Bridge at Remagen is the detailed narrative of this surprising but crucial military action, one that stunned the German army. It is also the moving story of men who did not consider themselves heroes, but who performed magnificently under fire. In this amazing true story, Ken Hechler gives you the hour-by-hour account of brilliant military daring, human courage, and almost incredible luck that profoundly changed the course of the war.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:28 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,508,029 books! | Top bar: Always visible