Ish by Peter H. Reynolds

Ish (edition 2004)

by Peter H. Reynolds, Peter H. Reynolds (Illustrator)

Member:brennahuffman
Title:Ish
Authors:Peter H. Reynolds
Other authors:Peter H. Reynolds (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick (2004), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:art, drawing, artists, children's literature, picture books, siblings, creativity, kids

Ish by Peter H. Reynolds

A great book for encouraging perfectionist kids to keep making/writing/drawing. Even when things aren't perfect, they can be pretty great. ( )
  kradish | Jul 30, 2014 |
Oh Peter Reynolds, your book is perfectionish. You won my heart with this book that reminds me to lean into the creative process and let the "ish' rise to the top.

I think gifted kids, or any perfectionist will benefit from being reminded that are musings, in whatever form they take, don't have to be perfect to be meaningful. I'm thankful that Mr Reynolds didn't stop with the pictures alone, but extrapolated the ish to verbal forms and to life itself. Lovely. ( )
  Desirichter | Jul 27, 2014 |
Sweet story about a creative young boy and his supportive little sister who appreciates his artwork! I love the new vocabulary presented in the book and think young readers would be reaffirmed in their own ideas and imaginations. ( )
  jcarroll12 | Jul 27, 2014 |
Ish is a book that reminds us that we don't have to be the best; we just have to be the best us. It is ok to view things differently. Perspective is everything. ( )
  KMClark | Jul 23, 2014 |
This book is about a little boy named Ramon who loved to draw. One day his brother made fun of his picture this made Ramon want to stop drawing. Romans little sister ade Ramon change his mind when he sees his picture on the wall in her room. He realizes there is no right way to draw and his pictures are perfect they way they are.
Personal reaction
I thought his was a cute book
Idea extensions
this book is a good way to show children everything they make is beautiful even if its not perfect.
This teaches children to have confidence.
  christa15 | Jul 15, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076362344X, Hardcover)

A creative spirit learns that thinking "ish-ly" is far more wonderful than "getting it right" in this gentle new fable from the creator of the award-winning picture book THE DOT.

Ramon loved to draw. Anytime. Anything. Anywhere.

Drawing is what Ramon does. It¹s what makes him happy. But in one split second, all that changes. A single reckless remark by Ramon's older brother, Leon, turns Ramon's carefree sketches into joyless struggles. Luckily for Ramon, though, his little sister, Marisol, sees the world differently. She opens his eyes to something a lot more valuable than getting things just "right." Combining the spareness of fable with the potency of parable, Peter Reynolds shines a bright beam of light on the need to kindle and tend our creative flames with care.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:35 -0400)

Ramon loses confidence in his ability to draw, but his sister gives him a new perspective on things.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,094,873 books! | Top bar: Always visible