Stage Makeup by Richard Corson

205257,211 (4.42)None
Title:Stage Makeup
Authors:Richard Corson
Tags:acting, non-fiction, theater

Stage Makeup by Richard Corson (Author)

Basic principles for doing realistic makeup for drama. Includes Facial Anatomy, Light and Shade, Color, Lighting and Makeup. Very through. Full of illustrations.
  scsaglib | Jun 28, 2009 |
I bought this in college for my stage make-up class, that's what I want to be when I grow up, a makeup artist. Anyway, I've used it a lot over the years for various performances which my children have been in and all sorts of dressing up. It is great to help a person really "see" the face with all its lights, shadows, plains and valleys. It also has made me a life-long people watcher and face appreciator, though I do have to be careful not to get caught staring. ( )
  MrsLee | Apr 4, 2009 |

Widely referred to as the "bible of stage makeup," the timely revision of this classic text addresses principles and techniques in the use of makeup for the contemporary performer. This extensive exploration of the application and use of stage makeup, and makeup for a variety of performance venues, covers all aspects in detail and contains over 400 photographs, drawings, and diagrams demonstrating step-by-step procedures. Thoroughly updated and revised, this classic text remains accurate and comprehensive, providing information from which all readers - whether students to the field or seasoned, professional makeup artists - will benefit. For anyone involved in the Makeup of theatre, dance or stage productions.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:08 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,714,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible