Chosen (The Lost Books, Book 1) (The Books…

Chosen (The Lost Books, Book 1) (The Books of History Chronicles) (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Ted Dekker (Author)

Series: The Books of History Chronicles (The Lost Books, Book 1), The Lost Books (1)

7671920,880 (3.99)14
As the land of the Forest Dwellers is increasingly decimated by the Horde, Thomas Hunter, supreme commander of the Forest Guard, choses four sixteen-year-old recruits for a special mission--to find the seven lost Books of History that have power over the past, present, and future.
Member:jecesarz
Title:Chosen (The Lost Books, Book 1) (The Books of History Chronicles)
Authors:Ted Dekker (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2008), 288 pages

Chosen by Ted Dekker (2007)

It was great to be reading again about the world of Thomas Hunter. Now I can't wait till the others come in. ( )
  HGButchWalker | Sep 21, 2016 |
A great Inspirational Suspense short story ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
This was a really good book. I read it rather quickly. It starts out with Johnis who lives in a forest in a mythical world where there are only green forests and sandy deserts. Or so everyone thinks. In this desert lives the Horde, who are the enemies of these forest people. They are evil and want nothing more to make everyone in the forests like them, with scaly, stinking skin that hurts when they move. The forest people can be turned into these Horde by not bathing in certain lakes of water that keeps them from changing. The Horde hate water and stay away from it at all costs. Johnis is then joined by 3 other teens for an adventure that will change their world forever. I give this book 4 1/2 stars as it was a really good book. ( )
  nsmith529 | Jul 13, 2015 |
I enjoyed this book, eager to get the last 3 in the series. I got Chosen on a whim at Half price books store. I thought it would be fairly predictable from the back cover, but was pleasantly surprised at the twists and turns. It's a simple read, good for kids starting in the preteen age group. ( )
  shannanwithana | Oct 26, 2014 |
Full of action and adventure, Ted Dekker's books never fail to deliver. There is a slight minor plot that involves romance, but the major plot is full of adventure, excitement, and fighting.

There is also some comic relief present in the form of the rouch, Michal and Gabil.

I also like the Christian allegories that are present. Most of the time, these allegories are very subtle. One of the main allegories is to God through Elyon who is the loving God in this series. Although there are Christian allegories, I believe that this series would be great for anyone who loves fantasy, action, and/or adventure.

One last comment: the cover. Have you seen the new covers for this series? They are gorgeous. I cannot keep my eyes off of them. The original covers were not bad, but the new covers are AMAZING.

The new covers are so pretty and not as plain as the old covers. I also think that the new covers appeal more to both males and females; whereas, the old covers appeal more to a male audience. ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |

Ted Dekkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Reis, CaioIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Verner, AdamNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

The Books of History Chronicles (The Lost Books, Book 1)
Please do not combine the main work with the graphic novel adaptation of the work. Thank you.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,411,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible