Death Note, Volume 1: Boredom by Tsugumi…

Death Note, Volume 1: Boredom (2003)

by Tsugumi Ohba, Takeshi Obata (Illustrator)

English (49)  French (2)  Swedish (1)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (55)
It was different at first for me but once I got into it I barreled through it and want to read the rest in the series. ( )
  lushrain | Sep 29, 2014 |
I really enjoyed Volume 1 of this manga. I have seen the anime and I really enjoyed it, but I do think that I enjoy the manga better. This books are filled with action, mystery, and suspense. The characters each have their own personality and the story line is intense and unpredictable. I love the complexity of the idea that the author had for this manga. This series seems to translate very well into English. I cannot wait to read more of this manga series. ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
Intriguing idea where a teenager finds a note-book. Names written in the notebook die. The teenager starts to make the world a better place by killing off criminals but runs foul of Interpol and the mysterious "L". Its really interesting morally exploring whether you could make the world a better place by killing off bad people or would you become bad yourself in so doing. ( )
  jerhogan | Apr 23, 2014 |
4.5 Stars! I bought the complete boxed set of this series after reading Vol.1 from the library. ( )
  CaliSoleil | Mar 2, 2014 |
As a relative newcomer to Manga, this reader was unprepared for the beauty, intelligence, and intensity of Death Note, volume 1. The graphics enhance the story of when a rogue Shinigami (Japanese death god) "drops" his death note book into the mortal world. Ace student Light Yagami finds the book and slowly begins to realize his remarkable discovery. As the new owner of the Death Note, Light learns that when he enters someone's name in the book (and picture his face... no mixups, please!) that person will die. In addition, the book's first owner, the Shinigami, appears to Light as a kind of malevolent ghost. At first, Light muses about whom he might want to see dead. Then when confronted with a sudden hostage situation, he is prompted to kill the perpetrator. He begins to systematically rid the world of criminals. The police are not amused, of course, and send special forces after him. It becomes a match of wits between Light and the law (and did we mention Light's father is the chief of police?) Subsequent volumes are sure to be packed with action, deal-making (the Shinigami wants Light's soul...) and moral quandaries. ( )
  mjspear | Jan 25, 2014 |

Ohba, Tsugumiprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Obata, TakeshiIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
"Same old thing, day after day...What a bore."

"This world is a rotten mess..."

Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,387,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible