Belinda by Anne Rice

Belinda (original 1986; edition 1988)

by Anne Rice

Member:johnse22
Title:Belinda
Authors:Anne Rice
Info:Jove (1988), Paperback, 512 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Fiction

Belinda by Anne Rice (1986)

It's crazy how much i loved this story. It is normally not my style, but you should read. ( )
  darkonelh3730 | Dec 27, 2013 |
This is Anne Rice's '50 shades of Grey" and she blows that piece of garbage out of the water. This book is erotic to its very core without being totally smutty. Well written and full of sex appeal. ( )
  Bcushman | Jul 7, 2013 |
This is my third or fourth time reading Belinda. I first read it when I was about 14 -when I was younger than Belinda herself! - and then again in college, and it's always been a guilty pleasure. Enjoyable, gripping and even pseudo-intellectual.

That said, reading a love story between a 16 yr old and 44 yr old as a 27 year old feels very different. I'm definitely a little more skeptical and leery about the whole thing now.

But I still can't put it down! ( )
  shojo_a | Apr 4, 2013 |

But I still can't put it down! ( )
  shojo_a | Apr 4, 2013 |
Yes, this book has an unbelievable storyline (attractive author begins a sexual relationship with a troubled teenage girl).

Yes, it has a very dramatic ending.

Yes, there are erotic elements (although pretty tame for Anne Rice).

But I couldn't stop reading it. I guess every once in a while you just need a trashy (although still well-written) read. I'm not ashamed of liking it, and you shouldn't be either! ( )
  kaylaraeintheway | Mar 18, 2013 |
In Memoriam

John Dodds
1922-1986

Beloved Editor, mentor, friend
"Who was she?"

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0425176657, Paperback)

An erotic and controversial tale of seduction and obsession from the best-selling author of Exit to Eden. Belinda is the ultimate fantasy. A golden-haired object of desire, fresh and uninhibited. But to Jeremy Walker, a handsome and famous 44-year old illustrator of children's books, Belinda is a forbidden passion, both beguiling and bewitching.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:45 -0400)

"Jeremy Walker es un famoso ilustrador infantil que encuentra en Belinda, una jovencita precoz, la materializacin de sus fantasas sexuales. La inocencia juvenil y la madurez sexual despiertan en Jeremy una pasin imposible de ignorar. El deseo por una mujer tan joven es una trangresin arriesgada y, por ello resulta indomable. La relacin que se establece entre ambos sobrepasa los lmites de la normalidad y, lejos de ser efmera, se convierte en un recorrido por las distintas formas de vivir al amor."--P. [4] of cover.Obsessed with the mystery surrounding Belinda, his precocious sixteen-year-old lover, Jeremy Walker, a middle-aged illustrator of children's books, is swept into Belinda's world of Hollywood money, lust, and dark family secrets.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,485,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible