dismiss

Goodnight Moon (1947)

by Margaret Wise Brown

Other authors: Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Series: Goodnight Moon (2)

Goodnight to each of the objects in the great green room: goodnight chairs, goodnight comb, goodnight air.
    Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann (KarenB73)
    KarenB73: zookeeper is locking up the zoo. Goes through the zoo saying goodnight to all the animals. same sing-song rhythm of goodnight moon. makes for a quiet get ready for bed book.
    The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (KarenB73)
    Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: When the little one is tired of same-o, same-o.

English (619)  Spanish (5)  French (1)  All languages (625)
A classic, certainly, but a musty and weird classic. ( )
  emaoping | Jun 28, 2020 |
I wasn't an enormous Margaret Wise Brown fan as a child. I think I wanted more of a solid plot in my reading material.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Cute picture book. I realize that as neither a child nor a parent I'm not the target audience. I also recognize that this is a classic picture book. It's not my favorite, though. I read it for the purpose of getting the various pop-culture references to it. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |
It's bedtime and we say goodnight to things in the room, the moon, the air and noises.
It's a great bedtime book because it is calming, repetitive and predictable. ( )
  kjwatkins78 | May 15, 2020 |
This book contains the original Goodnight Moon followed by "A 50th Anniversary Retrospective by Leonard S. Marcus" and a "Bibliography of Goodnight Moon," listing the various editions in English and other languages (including Hebrew), as well as a pop-up book and a board book.
  raizel | May 8, 2020 |

Brown, Margaret Wiseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marcus, Leonard S.Afterwordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Aaron & Ari Slamovich
In the great green room
There was a telephone
"50th anniversary retrospective by Leonard S. Marcus" begins: Children, like writers, need rooms of their own, places---whether real or imaginary---of peace and well-being and unconditional love, places where a secure sense of self can begin to grow.
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon
This 1997 edition contains Goodnight Moon "with a 50th anniversary retrospective by Leonard S. Marcus"

Goodnight Moon is a story about a little rabbit who says "goodnight" to every item in his home. These items include a pair of mittens, a young mouse, a comb, and a bowl full of mush. Illustrations are very simple; many of them are black and white drawings. The book is very short, but perfect for a bedtime story.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,941,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible