Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

Goodnight Moon (1947)

by Margaret Wise Brown, Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Other authors: Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Series: Goodnight Moon (2)

Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann (KarenB73)
    KarenB73: zookeeper is locking up the zoo. Goes through the zoo saying goodnight to all the animals. same sing-song rhythm of goodnight moon. makes for a quiet get ready for bed book.
    The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (KarenB73)
    Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: When the little one is tired of same-o, same-o.

English (591)  Spanish (5)  French (1)  All languages (597)
This adorable children's book is about bedtime. It even looks at the moon and gives the reader a quick lesson about it. In the story, the animal in the story is trying to go to sleep but he takes his time to say good night to everyone! There are small phrases in the story written in both English and Spanish which helps students learn new words. The pictures are cute and add to the story. This book has lower level vocabulary words, so it is perfect for beginning readers are ESL students. ( )
  Brea_Groce | Mar 14, 2019 |
I enjoyed this book from a very young age, and grew to love it even more with age. This book is a very easy read and very appropriate for students who are just beginning to read. This book also displays a good bit of rhyming throughout the story, which students often tend to enjoy. By incorporating this into the story, this provides a good flow to the story which can make it easier for students to read and grasp the stories concept. For example, the book states, " Goodnight mittens, goodnight kittens". By doing this, the author engages the reader in the flow of the story. Although I really enjoy this book, there is not much plot to the story. It is simply a story from a little bunnies point of view, where he describes his bedtime routine. This book also includes several detailed illustrations to go along with each item or person he says goodnight to before he goes to sleep. By doing this it allows the reader to make a visual connection with whatever is being stated in the story. This is a very fun and cute book that I have always enjoyed and it would definitely be a book I include in my classroom library someday. ( )
  djerga1 | Feb 23, 2019 |
This is a must read for all kids! It was that one book that I read over and over and over again. We've had so many copies of this book, and both my parents were thoroughly sick of it by the time I made it to kindergarten! We get this book for every baby shower gift! ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
This is a classic bed time story about a baby rabbit trying to fall asleep. They describe the room and talk about paintings. The narrator goes and says goodnight to everything including chairs, the mouse, and of course the moon. This is a very neat book to read to a child when trying to fall asleep. Maybe be able to read it to kindergartners during nap time. ( )
  towsonspark23 | Dec 6, 2018 |
This is a cute bedtime story where a rabbit says goodnight to anything and everything!

This book is super cute and I can't say I remember reading it when I was younger! This it definitely a perfect bedtime story book!
  Hayleykeyser | Dec 3, 2018 |

Brown, Margaret Wiseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
In the great green room
There was a telephone
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon

Goodnight Moon is a story about a little rabbit who says "goodnight" to every item in his home. These items include a pair of mittens, a young mouse, a comb, and a bowl full of mush. Illustrations are very simple; many of them are black and white drawings. The book is very short, but perfect for a bedtime story.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0694003611, Board book)

Perhaps the perfect children's bedtime book, Goodnight Moon is a short poem of goodnight wishes from a young rabbit preparing for--or attempting to postpone--his own slumber. He says goodnight to every object in sight and within earshot, including the "quiet old lady whispering hush." Clement Hurd's illustrations are simple and effective, alternating between small ink drawings and wide, brightly colored views of the little rabbit's room.

Finding all of the items mentioned throughout the book within the pictures is a good bedtime activity--a reappearing little mouse is particularly pesky. By the end of the little rabbit's goodnight poem, the story has quieted to a whisper, and the drawings have darkened with nightfall. As you turn the last page, you can expect a sleepy smile and at least a yawn or two. (Picture book)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:18 -0400)

A little bunny bids goodnight to all the objects in his room before falling asleep.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,453,908 books! | Top bar: Always visible