Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

Goodnight Moon (1947)

by Margaret Wise Brown, Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Other authors: Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Series: Goodnight Moon (2)

Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann (KarenB73)
    KarenB73: zookeeper is locking up the zoo. Goes through the zoo saying goodnight to all the animals. same sing-song rhythm of goodnight moon. makes for a quiet get ready for bed book.
    The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (KarenB73)
    Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: When the little one is tired of same-o, same-o.

English (567)  Spanish (5)  French (1)  All languages (573)
Goodnight moon is a classic children's story featuring a bunny who is getting ready to go to sleep, saying goodnight to everything in the room.
I know that many of us could say that we read this book many times over as young children. Now, as a parent, this is one of my family's go-to books to read at bedtime. I can appreciate the simplicity and comfort of a book that can become a routine in people's lives.
  maryganderson | Sep 17, 2018 |
The book is a perfect way to help a child relax after around bed time. The repetition used helps a child understand that it is their bed time and puts them in the mindset that they should be relaxing at this point. ( )
  spinke1 | Sep 13, 2018 |
I think this book is super cute! I think that reading stories to your children before bed is wonderful and helps you bond with your child. I think that it is great for the children to read with their parents because after reading it a couple times the children should be able to pronounce the words, they are simple words with not a lot of words on the pages. I think that this would be a good bonding/ learning tool for parents and children. ( )
  calban5 | Sep 12, 2018 |
An adorable, ryhming story about a bunny who is saying good night to many different objects in the room he is.
  pitaaortiz | Sep 4, 2018 |
summary: The story goes on to say "goodnight" to everything that the book mentions. It says goodnight to both inanimate objects, as well as animate ones.
reflection: I remember this book from my childhood, but I also remember seeing it in video form, as well! It made reading it again really fun because I could imagine everything just how I remember it from before.
  dempseydee | Aug 21, 2018 |

Brown, Margaret WiseAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
In the great green room
There was a telephone
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon

Goodnight Moon is a story about a little rabbit who says "goodnight" to every item in his home. These items include a pair of mittens, a young mouse, a comb, and a bowl full of mush. Illustrations are very simple; many of them are black and white drawings. The book is very short, but perfect for a bedtime story.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0694003611, Board book)

Perhaps the perfect children's bedtime book, Goodnight Moon is a short poem of goodnight wishes from a young rabbit preparing for--or attempting to postpone--his own slumber. He says goodnight to every object in sight and within earshot, including the "quiet old lady whispering hush." Clement Hurd's illustrations are simple and effective, alternating between small ink drawings and wide, brightly colored views of the little rabbit's room.

Finding all of the items mentioned throughout the book within the pictures is a good bedtime activity--a reappearing little mouse is particularly pesky. By the end of the little rabbit's goodnight poem, the story has quieted to a whisper, and the drawings have darkened with nightfall. As you turn the last page, you can expect a sleepy smile and at least a yawn or two. (Picture book)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:18 -0400)

A little bunny bids goodnight to all the objects in his room before falling asleep.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible