Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

Goodnight Moon (original 1947; edition 1977)

by Margaret Wise Brown, Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Member:micketymoc
Title:Goodnight Moon
Authors:Margaret Wise Brown
Other authors:Clement Hurd (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1977), Paperback, 32 pages
Collections:Miranda's Library
Rating:*****
Tags:children's lit, illustrated

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (1947)

Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann (KarenB73)
    KarenB73: zookeeper is locking up the zoo. Goes through the zoo saying goodnight to all the animals. same sing-song rhythm of goodnight moon. makes for a quiet get ready for bed book.
    The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (KarenB73)
    Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: When the little one is tired of same-o, same-o.

English (362)  French (1)  All languages (363)
Awesome calming book especially for babies and younger children. Good book to read during rest time to infants and toddlers if in a Daycare setting.
  lannersvalerie | Dec 10, 2014 |
This is a classic children's book. Kids, and adults, will love it. It's a simple bedtime story with great rhythm, illustrations, and rhyme, so kids have an easy time following along. I'd recommend for children age 3-9.
  nphernetton | Dec 8, 2014 |
I liked this book, and think it is a great bedtime story. The illustrations are unique and very sweet in nature. The plot is paced well, as the bunny says good night to all the different things in his room. The language is clear and simple. The plot is organized and creates a great children's story. ( )
  tburfe1 | Dec 2, 2014 |
I personally hate this book. I know that it is a favorite of many but I think that anyone could have written this book. There is no creativity to it. The attempt to rhyme is not all that great. This book never really ends. There is not story plot, just an annoying rabbit saying goodnight to everything. The only way I would read this book again is to my children to say goodnight. And even then I will ONLY read this book ONCE to them. There are millions of other children's books that actually give a meaningful message to children. If you want a book that rhymes, read ANY of the Dr. Seuss books and I promise you will be much more pleased and get a better night sleep.
  lfasce1 | Dec 2, 2014 |
A simple story about going to bed and saying goodnight to everything, even the moon. A favorite to read to my children. I could read this in my sleep. Great rhythm and patterns. ( )
  lolhscybrarian | Nov 30, 2014 |

Brown, Margaret Wiseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
In the great green room
There was a telephone
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon

Goodnight Moon is a story about a little rabbit who says "goodnight" to every item in his home. These items include a pair of mittens, a young mouse, a comb, and a bowl full of mush. Illustrations are very simple; many of them are black and white drawings. The book is very short, but perfect for a bedtime story.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0694003611, Board book)

Perhaps the perfect children's bedtime book, Goodnight Moon is a short poem of goodnight wishes from a young rabbit preparing for--or attempting to postpone--his own slumber. He says goodnight to every object in sight and within earshot, including the "quiet old lady whispering hush." Clement Hurd's illustrations are simple and effective, alternating between small ink drawings and wide, brightly colored views of the little rabbit's room.

Finding all of the items mentioned throughout the book within the pictures is a good bedtime activity--a reappearing little mouse is particularly pesky. By the end of the little rabbit's goodnight poem, the story has quieted to a whisper, and the drawings have darkened with nightfall. As you turn the last page, you can expect a sleepy smile and at least a yawn or two. (Picture book)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:43 -0400)

Goodnight to each of the objects in the great green room: goodnight chairs, goodnight comb, goodnight air. On board pages.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,351,593 books! | Top bar: Always visible