Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

Goodnight Moon (original 1947; edition 1991)

by Margaret Wise Brown, Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Member:mirrordrum
Title:Goodnight Moon
Authors:Margaret Wise Brown
Other authors:Clement Hurd (Illustrator)
Info:HarperFestival (1991), Board book, 30 pages

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (1947)

Recently added bykkarns678, Chadasha, btdart, Windering
    Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann (KarenB73)
    KarenB73: zookeeper is locking up the zoo. Goes through the zoo saying goodnight to all the animals. same sing-song rhythm of goodnight moon. makes for a quiet get ready for bed book.
    The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (KarenB73)
    Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: When the little one is tired of same-o, same-o.

Summary: This book was about a baby bunny that said goodbye to all of the various items in his room. The items that he said goodbye to all rhymed. For example one page says, goodnight kittens and goodnight mittens.

Personal Reactions: I thought that this was a really cute rhyming book. The colors in the book were bright and children would love to look at them. I think it would be a good bedtime story to read to a child.

Classroom Extensions: 1) I would have all of the children draw a picture of the moon. I would tell them to use whatever colors they want to and to also draw a face on it. 2) I would have the children each come up with a little poem with a couple of lines. I would make sure that they understand what poetry and rhyming is. ( )
  SmithAlec | Jul 11, 2014 |
Summary: This book is for very young readers. It is about a rabbit that is saying goodnight to everything he sees. It is quite magical and makes you sleepy just reading it.
Genre: Picture Book
Review: I remember reading this book when I was very little. My mom used to tuck me in and read it to me and it put me to sleep right away. Even reading it again now, I almost fell asleep. It is cute and enchanting. I highly suggest looking up the read-along on YouTube. The narration is beautiful along with the charming music in the background.
  mroque | Jun 8, 2014 |
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown, Pat Hancock Illustrated by Clement Hurd Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Publication date: 8/28/1991 page 34. Talks about a rabbit before he goes to bed. Before his bedtime, the rabbit goes around the room and notices items within eye sight and says goodnight to all of them including the moon. I enjoyed this book, the rabbit is stalling before he has to go to bed just like kids do which make it a sweet bed time story.
  joey_spencer | May 13, 2014 |
Goodnight Moon is the classic bedtime story. The text acknowledges several items throughout the child bunny's room and then proceeds to say goodnight to them all. For some reason, all children seem to love this book, and they especially love to hear it over and over again. The simple language and repetition is very appealing to the young audience. Although I can't quite identify why, I do enjoy it as well. The language is very soothing and makes it a nice read for relaxing right before bedtime ... or even as a quieting down activity in the middle day if the children are too riled up for whatever reason. While the illustrations are rather flat, their bright colors make them pop out in contrast to one another. Although the room is relatively sparse, there's still plenty to look at on each page, some of which you'd might miss if the text didn't call them out. All in all, this is a classic that lives up to that status and is not to be missed. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | May 10, 2014 |
Goodnight Moon is a book that tells describes everything and then tells all the things goodnight.
  jess_shalee | May 3, 2014 |

Brown, Margaret Wiseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
In the great green room
There was a telephone
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon

Goodnight Moon is a story about a little rabbit who says "goodnight" to every item in his home. These items include a pair of mittens, a young mouse, a comb, and a bowl full of mush. Illustrations are very simple; many of them are black and white drawings. The book is very short, but perfect for a bedtime story.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0694003611, Board book)

Perhaps the perfect children's bedtime book, Goodnight Moon is a short poem of goodnight wishes from a young rabbit preparing for--or attempting to postpone--his own slumber. He says goodnight to every object in sight and within earshot, including the "quiet old lady whispering hush." Clement Hurd's illustrations are simple and effective, alternating between small ink drawings and wide, brightly colored views of the little rabbit's room.

Finding all of the items mentioned throughout the book within the pictures is a good bedtime activity--a reappearing little mouse is particularly pesky. By the end of the little rabbit's goodnight poem, the story has quieted to a whisper, and the drawings have darkened with nightfall. As you turn the last page, you can expect a sleepy smile and at least a yawn or two. (Picture book)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:43 -0400)

Goodnight to each of the objects in the great green room: goodnight chairs, goodnight comb, goodnight air. On board pages.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,669,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible