Goodnight Moon (Board Book) by Margaret Wise…

Goodnight Moon (Board Book) (original 1947; edition 1991)

by Margaret Wise Brown

10,203527281 (4.23)201
Member:Mz.Balma
Title:Goodnight Moon (Board Book)
Authors:Margaret Wise Brown
Info:HarperFestival (1991), Edition: Board, Board book
Tags:Children's/YA Literature, Comics/Picture Books

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (1947)

Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann (KarenB73)
    KarenB73: zookeeper is locking up the zoo. Goes through the zoo saying goodnight to all the animals. same sing-song rhythm of goodnight moon. makes for a quiet get ready for bed book.
    The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (KarenB73)
    Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: When the little one is tired of same-o, same-o.

English (520)  Spanish (5)  French (1)  All (526)
The story is a bunny saying goodnight to everything that surrounds them.
  SaraLancon | Apr 17, 2017 |
great book to read to kids for a bedtime story ( )
  ashleyrob | Apr 11, 2017 |
I loved this story and a kid, and even more as an adult. One reason why I love this book is because the author uses rhyming words. For example, “Goodnight kittens. Goodnight mittens” or “hush” and “mush.” If I were reading this story in my classroom, I would have the students guess what rhyming word would come next. I also enjoy the simplicity of this story. It is easy for children to follow along with and comprehend. For example, the sentence are only a couple of words. Children can also make connections with who they say goodnight to before they go to bed. I also think the illustrations were very appealing. For example, everything in the room was green, red, blue, black or yellow. I also enjoyed that every other page was in black and white. This aspect will engage readers and raise questions. The story did not have a strong underlying message. Based off the context in the story, I believe the purpose it to demonstrate to kids how you say goodnight before you go to sleep. ( )
  OliviaLuppino | Apr 11, 2017 |
I LOVED this book as a kid and I love it even more now. One of the reasons I love this book is because of the use of rhyme. The author rhymes words like "hush and mush" and "kittens and mittens." I like how rhyme gets a reader excited and guessing for what the next word will be. Another reason I liked this book was because it listed all of the items that the narrator was saying goodnight to. I think saying goodnight to clocks and socks showed that narrator is young and naive. The overall message from this book is that by saying goodnight to everything in their room, children feel more at ease and can go to sleep. ( )
  CourtneyDoyle | Mar 29, 2017 |
Goodnight Moon is another great children's bedtime story for early elementary and elementary aged children. It's about a bunny saying goodnight to everything in the house. It's very repetitive throughout the story. ( )
  MollyMcConaughey | Mar 17, 2017 |
Goodnight Moon is a good children's book. I would use this book to teach about bedtime and how it is important to sleep. This is an elementary reading level book.

Brown, Margaret Wiseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
In the great green room
There was a telephone
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon

Goodnight Moon is a story about a little rabbit who says "goodnight" to every item in his home. These items include a pair of mittens, a young mouse, a comb, and a bowl full of mush. Illustrations are very simple; many of them are black and white drawings. The book is very short, but perfect for a bedtime story.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0694003611, Board book)

Perhaps the perfect children's bedtime book, Goodnight Moon is a short poem of goodnight wishes from a young rabbit preparing for--or attempting to postpone--his own slumber. He says goodnight to every object in sight and within earshot, including the "quiet old lady whispering hush." Clement Hurd's illustrations are simple and effective, alternating between small ink drawings and wide, brightly colored views of the little rabbit's room.

Finding all of the items mentioned throughout the book within the pictures is a good bedtime activity--a reappearing little mouse is particularly pesky. By the end of the little rabbit's goodnight poem, the story has quieted to a whisper, and the drawings have darkened with nightfall. As you turn the last page, you can expect a sleepy smile and at least a yawn or two. (Picture book)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:18 -0400)

Goodnight to each of the objects in the great green room: goodnight chairs, goodnight comb, goodnight air. On board pages.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,886,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible