Lucky You by Carl Hiaasen

Lucky You (1997)

by Carl Hiaasen

Fun, easy to read thriller that almost requires a familiarity with Florida's settings and characters. ( )
  mrgan | Oct 30, 2017 |
I felt the story went on way too long. Way. Lots of moronic nonsense for which he is well known. Some very funny parts, of course, but a bit too dark for my tastes ... and the language was very bad. Unnecessarily bad! ( )
  repb | Jul 24, 2016 |
I do enjoy Carl Hiassen's style and wit. I couldn't read all of them back to back, but when I want to take a break from my norm-mysteries, I truly enjoy them. They are laugh out loud funny. There are always the criminals-portrayed is stupid, doing idiotic stunts. ( )
  anglophile65 | Mar 8, 2016 |
funny lark of a book ( )
  Bruce_Deming | Feb 5, 2016 |
This may sound a little silly, but the villains were just too yucky to be enjoyable. Very unlikeable jerks. I guess I mean they weren't funny...had just read Sick Puppy as well, and the bad guys were much more palatable! ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
For Laureen,
one in a million

-- LUCKY YOU
On the afternoon of November 25, a woman named JoLayne Lucks drove to the Grab N'Go minimart in Grange, Florida, and purchased spearmint Certs, unwaxed dental floss and one ticket for the state Lotto.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446604658, Mass Market Paperback)

A Florida woman wins millions in the lottery only to have her ticket stolen.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:05 -0400)

JoLayne Lucks lives in a town infamous for its suspicious miracles, but she's still eleated when her lottery numbers finally pay off big--$28 million, to be exact. And she has great plans for her fortune: to save a rare piece of Florida paradise form the bulldozers. Only one problem: There's another winning Lotto ticket, and the people who've got it just never learned how to share. When the two militia wannabes swipe JoLayne's ticket, she enlists an off-the-rails newspaperman to help her track down the trigger-happy creeps and their bewildered hostage, a Hooters waitress. Getting rich quick is never easy ...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,434,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible